• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wyndham Championship

Webb -5 through 8 holes. Trying to get into the mix before the leaders go off.

Reed needs to get himself a lighter carry bag. That thing is bigger than she is--come on Patrick how many peanut butter sandwiches do you need for a four hour round?

She's also only like 5'2"

Also it depends on what you mean by "keeps his views to himself" about Johnson. I've probably heard 30 interviews with him and have never once heard one where he didn't give credit to his lord and savior Jesus Christ for doing this or doing that or something.

Nobody is quite to Aaron Baddeley status, but Johnson is pretty vocal about his love for Jesus. I think Webb and Zach are about on the same level.

Lowest final round scoring average in Tour history? Scores are really low....what was the scoring average the day when Appleby shot 59 at the Greenbriar to win?

She's also only like 5'2"

Also it depends on what you mean by "keeps his views to himself" about Johnson. I've probably heard 30 interviews with him and have never once heard one where he didn't give credit to his lord and savior Jesus Christ for doing this or doing that or something.

Nobody is quite to Aaron Baddeley status, but Johnson is pretty vocal about his love for Jesus. I think Webb and Zach are about on the same level.

I've not noticed that. Maybe not paying that close attention.

Lowest final round scoring average in Tour history? Scores are really low....what was the scoring average the day when Appleby shot 59 at the Greenbriar to win?

Lift, clean and place. No rain. Very smooth greens.

When is the last time someone shot 66 or better on Sunday in an event with a 36 hole cut and still finished last? Arjun Atwal's got a shot...

Just turned on CBS; been trying to stay away from any updates. Are they live or did they tee off earlier in the day? Never mind; just saw the "recorded earlier" signage. Guess they were concerned with the weather.

Spieth is so good. So, so good. That guy is going to have a fantastic career. He does everything well. Great putter.

Spieth is so good. So, so good. That guy is going to have a fantastic career. He does everything well. Great putter.

But it was Reed's day with a solid winning putt himself. Nice to see him get his first PGA win.

Great story about Reed in the papers this weekend. When his wife first volunteered to caddy they went out on a practice round. He loaded the bag up with rain gear and a bunch of bottled water to test her resolve but it didn't phase her. Glad he won, seems like a solid dude.

The Sedgefield golf course got some great press and a lot of praise on the telecast for how great the greens were and how well it held up under all the rain. Good stuff.

I think more Southern courses should go to Bermuda greens like Sedgefield did. My club has bent greens and when they're good, they are awesome. But if you keep them fast, they can get stressed out in really hot weather.

I think more Southern courses should go to Bermuda greens like Sedgefield did. My club has bent greens and when they're good, they are awesome. But if you keep them fast, they can get stressed out in really hot weather.

Agree as to bermuda greens. I don't mind them at all. Just not that traditional bermuda rough. Most of the courses in central VA have bermuda greens and fortunately not the rough. Played 1 nice and newer course on the south side of Richmond a couple of years ago, but the bermuda rough ruined what was otherwise a fun round - lost at least 3 balls literally within 2-3 yards of the fairway b/c they sank and were invisible. They used to have a fair amount of bermuda rough on some of the Carolina courses when I was down there in the 80s - do they still?

Agree as to bermuda greens. I don't mind them at all. Just not that traditional bermuda rough. Most of the courses in central VA have bermuda greens and fortunately not the rough. Played 1 nice and newer course on the south side of Richmond a couple of years ago, but the bermuda rough ruined what was otherwise a fun round - lost at least 3 balls literally within 2-3 yards of the fairway b/c they sank and were invisible. They used to have a fair amount of bermuda rough on some of the Carolina courses when I was down there in the 80s - do they still?

Bermuda Run sure as hell does. And this rain has made it tough as hell. I grew up on bent grass in Michigan and even though I've been down here for years I feel like a beginner on Bermuda. I'm getting better on the greens but the rough is just a crap shoot as far as I'm concerned.

Back