• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Yahoo NFL Survival Pool

They've scored 31 points in 4 games and are averaging 224 yards per game.

I guess the alternative viewpoint is when else would you use the Rams this year. Using them this week, would free up Atlanta vs Tampa or Washington. Denver vs Jags next week and any number of Pats games vs weaker teams later in the season. (Pitt, Car, etc)

Uneasy but maybe the Rams is the better play.

Yeah you wouldn't use the Rams in the future, but if they lose you don't get to use anybody.

Gonna take a deeper look at the games and see if anything really stands out.

Maybe Green Bay at home against Detroit, but the Lions did look good this week.

I do really think the Panthers will take care of business against the Cardinals but I hate picking road teams.

For me, Atlanta is the best option. The Rams are #2. At home, St Louis will have a tough time losing to the Jags. The knock on Atlanta is they have an easy game against Tampa next week and the Jags have Denver, who a lot of people have probably used.

I've used Pats, Houston, Seattle & Indy in that order. Going ATL this week, Denver next week.

I don't think Atlanta will lose at home to the Jets, but I also think there's a better play down the road with Atlanta. Do people think it's more likely that the Jets beat the Falcons or the Rams beat the Jaguars? I honestly think it's around a 15% chance max that the Jaguars beat the Rams.

Atlanta has almost 40% of the picks, St. Louis 25% and nobody else even close. I'm not sure why Atlanta is such a heavy favorite even if they are playing the laughable Jets. The Falcons haven't exactly been lighting it up either. I'm tempted by the Rams but somehow I'm sure about the Jags. Surely they'll win one or two this year, right? If they don't get a win this week, it probably won't be the next 4 weeks either (Denver, SD, SF, Bye).

And I'm not sure why Green Bay is a 6.5 point favorite against the Lions.

I'm more intrigued with KC (vs Tenn) with Jake Locker out. And if Fluke-o throws 5 picks next week, Miami will steam-roll the Ravens.

This may be the toughest week to make a pick all year for me.

Atlanta has almost 40% of the picks, St. Louis 25% and nobody else even close. I'm not sure why Atlanta is such a heavy favorite even if they are playing the laughable Jets. The Falcons haven't exactly been lighting it up either. I'm tempted by the Rams but somehow I'm sure about the Jags. Surely they'll win one or two this year, right? If they don't get a win this week, it probably won't be the next 4 weeks either (Denver, SD, SF, Bye).

And I'm not sure why Green Bay is a 6.5 point favorite against the Lions.

I'm more intrigued with KC (vs Tenn) with Jake Locker out. And if Fluke-o throws 5 picks next week, Miami will steam-roll the Ravens.

This may be the toughest week to make a pick all year for me.

Fitzpatrick is a competent backup and the Titans defense has been pretty good. Also, the Chiefs may be 4-0 but their opponents are 3-13 so far. I wouldn't touch that game.

I'm going with St. Louis and not looking back. If they lose to the Jaguars then so be it. i think the Jags go 0-16

Only having one guy who was drafted between 2008-2010 is pretty remarkable.

I'm going with St. Louis and not looking back. If they lose to the Jaguars then so be it. i think the Jags go 0-16

I'm with you. Going Rams as well. If it pans out, we'll be setup nicely for the next few weeks with Denver vs Jags next week and Falcons over Buccs the following Week. Jags are talking about making more deals as well possibly MJD, Lowery, Mercedes Lewis, etc.

Everyone going with the Rams reminds me of last year's pool at my local pub. The pool was about $37,000. Going into about Week 3 or 4 there were something like 345 people left in the pool. The Pats were playing the Cards in Foxboro. Something like 330-335 people picked the Pats and lost.

Everyone going with the Rams reminds me of last year's pool at my local pub. The pool was about $37,000. Going into about Week 3 or 4 there were something like 345 people left in the pool. The Pats were playing the Cards in Foxboro. Something like 330-335 people picked the Pats and lost.

The Pats did me in last year, too.

The Rams are a bottom 5 team in the league, but the Jaguars have played four games and not gained 1000 yards. That's ridiculously bad.

Jags are definitely the worst team in the league but they have played two undefeated teams and the 3-1 Colts for three of their losses. They aren't competitive though but I expect this is one of the games they have circled on their calendar.

I agree. They could pull it off, but statistically speaking the Rams are a good choice especially at home.

Back