• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Yahoo NFL Survivor League 2012

Prediction: picking the Lions will eliminate some people in Week 1

In. And thinking about the Lions in week 1. What makes you think St Louis will hang with them? My gutsy pick of week 1 would be Minnesota - when else would you think of using them?

COWGIRLS AT GIANTS

COLTS AT BEARS

FALCONS AT CHIEFS

EAGLES AT BROWNS

REDSKINS AT SAINTS

RAMS AT LIONS

PATRIOTS AT TITANS

JAGUARS AT VIKINGS

BILLS AT JETS

DOLPHINS AT TEXANS

SEAHAWKS AT CARDINALS

49ERS AT PACKERS

PANTHERS AT BUCCANEERS

STEELERS AT BRONCOS

BENGALS AT RAVENS

CHARGERS AT RAIDERS

Minnesota, Oakland...how about the Browns vs. the Vickless Iggles?

My gutsy pick of week 1 would be Minnesota - when else would you think of using them?

Not a bad idea.

I would go with it, but my only goal right now is to make it to week 2, even if it means burning a great team early.

I wouldn't touch Weeden with a 10' pole. Plus, Foles has looked pretty darn decent.

To me, the week 1 choices are the Texans, Bears, Lions and Vikes (b/c the Jags are god awful and sooner or later will be playing for Barkley). Sooner or later you gotta take a slightly risky home team, but do you wanna do that in week 1?

I'd rather do that in Week 1 when no one knows how any team is gonna react.

If you want the safest pick, go w/ Atlanta. The Chiefs won't have Tamba Ali or Glenn Dorsey. Matty Ice might put up 500 yards.

I'd rather do that in Week 1 when no one knows how any team is gonna react.

If you want the safest pick, go w/ Atlanta. The Chiefs won't have Tamba Ali or Glenn Dorsey. Matty Ice might put up 500 yards.

Except that Atl is away. I have a strong aversion to away games. And there will be a few times I'll want to use Atl. I think they'll win 11-12 games.

Except that Atl is away. I have a strong aversion to away games. And there will be a few times I'll want to use Atl. I think they'll win 11-12 games.

Good point, I keep forgetting that's in Arrowhead.

Did you know that the Falcons schedule rotates Away-Home all year? Weirdest thing ever.

What about Russell Wilson and Seattle beating Arizona? Cardinals are awful.

The Cards have a highly publicized QB struggle, but they are certainly not awful. They will finish 2nd in the division.

The Rams are awful.

Chicago over Indy seems like a no brainer to me. I'm sure I'll be knocked out after week 1 as a result.

Chicago over Indy seems like a no brainer to me. I'm sure I'll be knocked out after week 1 as a result.

Yeah that's a good one. Chicago is the "sexy" pick in the NFC this year. Luck is lucky he's playing at Soldier in Sept and not November

As much as I love the Skins, they have zero shot against the Aints in Game 1.

I don't think the Phins have any shot in Houston week 1. They are going to be really bad this year.

The Cards have a highly publicized QB struggle, but they are certainly not awful. They will finish 2nd in the division.

The Rams are awful.

I agree they're not awful, but Seattle is a better defensive team with 2 better QBs. I think the Seahawks will contend for a playoff spot with 8-10 wins, whereas Zona's QBs will hold them back to 6 or so wins.

Yeah that's a good one. Chicago is the "sexy" pick in the NFC this year. Luck is lucky he's playing at Soldier in Sept and not November

If the Pack doesn't get to the SB, the Bears would be my next NFC pick. Marshall is happy and thankful to be back with Cutler and out of Miami. Add to that Marshall, Forte and Cutler are all underrated in fantasy - or at least in the Yahoo rankings.

Chi's defense is older but I'm sure they've got one more run in them. Seriously, that's a tough team, they bitch slapped Atlanta last year in the first game of the year.

Back