• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

YOUR 2-1 Demon Deacons @ Clemson Prediction Thread

Don't think we're ready for a 250 pound legit senior big man.

We played pretty well with Akil Mitchell the other day. I'm not sure that Devin Booker is all that much better.

The line I've seen is Clemson -10. I'm going 63-54 CU.

That's a crazy talk line. I'd take us +10.

Strick, I understand Jennings went off in that UVA game, but just the same, Clemson dominated them and put them away better than we did. And yes, we should have someone in Jennings' face all night because they don't have much outside of him and Booker (who I agree is roughly the equivalent of Akil Mitchell).

Don't think our kids are ready for another ACC road game, frankly. Hope I'm wrong. Classes at Clemson back in session?

We continue our high energy on offense, pushing the ball, hitting open men and make some shots. Cause a few turnovers on D. 78-71 Deacs. Booker career high.

Win at Clemson and that's what you call a "winning streak."

pg2_e_brown_200.jpg

I'll be shocked if we win this one. Spread seems about right IMO

I'll go against the grain here: Wake wins the ugliest game of basketball that most have ever seen (with the exceptions possibly of jaybone, bkf, dirk, etc.) by the score of 45-42.

[Redacted] starts 3-1 in the ACC and this board has a crisis of identity meltdown.

Clemson is really, really, really, really bad at basketball. We looked much better against both UVA and BC than Clemson has looked all year.

So we all have to go back to Scout?

So we all have to go back to Scout?

No, just that y'all remember a lot of basketball that most posters either weren't fans or alive for... Y'all (and others) are the board vets and give a lot of good perspective about the pre-Staak years.

I'm predicting this one to be slow, ugly, and grinding.

Don't like Wake on the road. I will be surprised if they win a road game this season. Clemson wins one of the ugliest games you've ever seen.

I'll go against the grain here: Wake wins the ugliest game of basketball that most have ever seen (with the exceptions possibly of jaybone, bkf, dirk, etc.) by the score of 45-42.

[Redacted] starts 3-1 in the ACC and this board has a crisis of identity meltdown.

Clemson is really, really, really, really bad at basketball. We looked much better against both UVA and BC than Clemson has looked all year.

Considering that Clemson has scored under 50 only twice (49/46) and are averaging about 64 ppg, the likelihood that Clemson gets a season low of 42 points is ludicrous.

Add to that we haven't scored less than 55 points in any game this year. We average 69 ppg and are even averaging 60.3 in ACC games with two of them being against Duke (on the road) and UVA. The idea that Clemson will hold us to 45 points is laughable.

No way I can predict the schizophrenic ACC anymore. At least twice a week there's a blowout in this league that makes you scratch your head.

Hopefully it's not us this week.

Tough to tell what's gonna happen. Until we went ice cold over the final ten minutes against UVA I didn't think our game against them was much different from Clemson's game against UVA.

We're a top 100 team over the past two or three weeks and Clemson is schizo. I think it's a close game that the home team wins, a norm for the ACC.

Clemson 63 Wake 58

Don't like Wake on the road. I will be surprised if they win a road game this season. Clemson wins one of the ugliest games you've ever seen.

This. Clemson 49-38, after leading 18-13 at the half...

Even Wake's best and most experienced teams have struggled at Littlejohn with very few coming away with a victory. Tigers 52-51.

Even Wake's best and most experienced teams have struggled at Littlejohn with very few coming away with a victory. Tigers 52-51.

Boy that is the truth. My guess is our shooting percentage through the years is about the worst at Littlejohn. I'll defer to bkf on that but I've watched a lot of bad shooting in that gym.

Back