• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

YOUR 2-1 Demon Deacons @ Clemson Prediction Thread

Bad shooting and bad teams may take a game between teams who average 69/64 ppg respectively down to 57-52 or something like that. But it's ridiculous to think the score will be something like 49-38 or 45-42.

Either of those is crazy talk.

Clemson shot 77% in the 2nd half against UVA and still only scored 59 points. That's somewhat strange, even against a defensive-minded team like the Cavaliers.

Bad shooting and bad teams may take a game between teams who average 69/64 ppg respectively down to 57-52 or something like that. But it's ridiculous to think the score will be something like 49-38 or 45-42.

Maryland and Miami average 74.8/67.8 ppg respectively, and they played a 54-47 game last night. No score would shock me in this years ACC.

I'll take the over at 90 for as much money as anyone wants to bet.

We're young. Damn young. Not making excuses, mind you, but we're really young.

56th?? Seems high for a bunch of fresh/sophs and two seniors....

Wouldn't be surprised either way tomorrow, but I definitely agree it will be ugly.....

The sophs inflate it as well as the two seniors. I think it's weighted by minutes played too but I can't remember.

Wake starts a senior, a junior, a sophomore, and two freshmen.

- The experience value is in terms of years of college experience where a player’s eligibility class is assumed to determine this. For the purposes of the calculation, a freshman has zero years of experience, a sophomore has one year of experience, etc.

- Like the average height calculation, the experience calculation weights the experience of each player on the roster based on minutes played. Players that have played less than 10% of their team’s minutes are not included.

Both teams are young. Wake's the 14th youngest team in the country, Clemson is 56th.
RainMan_087Pyxurz.jpg

No way I can predict the schizophrenic ACC anymore. At least twice a week there's a blowout in this league that makes you scratch your head.

Hopefully it's not us this week.

Unfortunately, this is how I feel too. We are due for one of those ugly blowouts. Let's hope they play good down there...

Fair enough, maybe we haven't hit Big 10 levels yet so I'll revise my projection up by 10 or so to Tigers 62-51. But I think in the probability distribution of expected scoring for wake we are skewed to the left side of the mean....

Fair enough, maybe we haven't hit Big 10 levels yet so I'll revise my projection up by 10 or so to Tigers 62-51. But I think in the probability distribution of expected scoring for wake we are skewed to the left side of the mean....

That makes sense...but may be too high....in the 50s isn't shocking...but either team not getting to 40 :)

Said we should but wouldn't win the last two, so I'm going with Bz finally winning 3 ACC games in a row, 68-59.

Clemson 68 Wake 57.

CJ comes back to earth; still has a solid game but not enough for us to win. We have one road win in ACC play in the last two years; it takes more than a couple 3 point wins at home to make me think we can win a road game yet.

Wake averages 7 more possessions a game than Clemson. If it gets dragged down to their pace that's not the end of the world because fewer possessions means it's more likely that it's closer (at least points-wise) as long as we can run with the ball a little when we need to.

On the flip side if we can control the tempo a little bit better and get the possessions into the upper 60's, I like our chances. We already beat a Virginia team that plays the slow down style (and with a better defense than Clemson does). Clemson struggles on offense but has a pretty good defense from the games I've watched them in.

It should be more like the UVA game than the BC game though for sure.

Back