• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Your 5 favorite movies ever

tiltdeac

Reaction score
The criteria are whatever you want them to be, but short explanations are welcome. Note "favorite" not necessarily "best."

Mine, in no particular order.

1. Jaws

Immensely quotable and re-watchable, this is my favorite Spielberg and my favorite horror movie of all time. It brings me back to great family trips to the outer banks as a kid, staying up late watching movies with my uncles.

2. Pan's Labyrinth

Hoopschick and I went on our first date to see this movie at Carmike my senior year. If that weren't enough, it is an absolutely wonderful film. The visuals are just stunning and the storytelling is brilliant. Fantasy done right might be my favorite genre.

3. Die Hard

The perfect action movie. Quotable, re-watchable and one of the greatest villains of all time. Love me some Hans Gruber

4. Love Actually

Easily my most negreppable pick, but fuck you guys, it's awesome. It probably wouldn't have made the list had I made this post 6 months ago but whatever, I'm starting to get excited about Christmastime already.

True story: Last December I was at a high school buddy's house with 4 or 5 other guys having some beers and catching up since we are scattered all over the country. Around 11 most of the group (those that were still single) headed out to the bars, but my buddy Jeff and I stayed home and watched Love Actually instead :nohomo. My father in law gives me shit about this pretty frequently.

5. Casablanca

The GOAT. The perfect film.

The Godfather
A Few Good Men
The Shawshank Redemption
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Hoosiers

Took 3 posts too many for someone to say The Godfather.

I just watched Pan's Labyrinth last night and loved it. Think I may place Big Fish in front of it.

And of COURSE Love Actually belongs....I'm negrepping anybody that disagrees. And to spare hoopscluck I'll keep my thoughts on your father-in-law to myself

The Dark Knight
Just plain epic.

Big Fish
Reminds me of my late grandfather who was a storyteller.

Jurassic Park
I think about this film almost daily. I was 9 when it came out, and I wanted it to be real so bad. The special effects are a little dated now, but when it released, it was mind boggling.

Braveheart
Love my heritage. I can quote this movie verbatim. I can't tell you how many times I've seen it. The sequel, The Patriot, is good too.

*Flavor of the Week* - X-Men First Class

Hurt Locker
Almost Famous
Lion King
South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut
No Country for Old Men

Shawshank Redemption
Legends of the Fall
Tombstone
Lord of the Rings Return of the King
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

The Dark Knight
Just plain epic.

Big Fish
Reminds me of my late grandfather who was a storyteller.

Jurassic Park
I think about this film almost daily. I was 9 when it came out, and I wanted it to be real so bad. The special effects are a little dated now, but when it released, it was mind boggling.

Braveheart
Love my heritage. I can quote this movie verbatim. I can't tell you how many times I've seen it. The sequel, The Patriot, is good too.

*Flavor of the Week* - X-Men First Class

I think it's incredible how well the special effects in JP have held up.

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
A Bout de Souffle
The Third Man
Young Frankenstein
Zoolander

Sandlot
Princess Bride
The Godfather
The Lion King
School of Rock

HM: Coming to America, Miracle

1. The Fountain
2. Jurassic Park
3. Big Lebowski
4. Inception
5. The Apostle

Runners Up: Secondhand Lions, O Brother, Where Art Thou?, Coming to America, The Royal Tenenbaums, Back to the Future, Memento, Session 9,

Last edited:
The Lion King
The Patriot
Lord of the Rings
Blood Diamond
Miracle

Not-so-serious HM: Master of Disguise

The Breakfast Club
Best in Show
Joy Luck Club
Jesus Christ Superstar
Princess Bride

There are so many others though that if you asked tomorrow many of these might be different

Man I dunno, this list changes constantly. Let's go with...

Run, Lola, Run
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
Blue Velvet
Groundhog Day
Almost Famous

for now, in no particular order.

Man I dunno, this list changes constantly. Let's go with...

Run, Lola, Run
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
Blue Velvet
Groundhog Day
Almost Famous

for now, in no particular order.

How can Groundhog Day be 2nd to last by you have "Needle Nose" Ned Ryerson as your avatar?

The Departed
American Psycho
The Dark Knight
Shawshank Redemption
Saving Private Ryan

Back