• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Your 5 favorite movies ever

in no order...

Jaws
American psycho
Donnie Darko
Halloween(1978)
Dog day afternoon

In no particular order....

Shawshank Redemption
Bourne Identity
The Fugitive
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (original)
Lion King - many father son memories as my son loved it as a kid....me too.

Three guys with Love Actually in their top 5? I mean, it's a good film, guys. As far as romantic comedy goes, it is one of the more guy-friendly out there...Annie Hall, Philadelphia Story, etc... It's up there with both...But your top 5 OF ALL TIME?

Turn in your man cards at the door.

Shawshank.
Remeber the Titans.
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
Pride and Prejudice (the new one).
Up*

*this spot changes pretty frequently, right now I'd have to say Up.

Fight Club
Almost Famous
Good Will Hunting
Tombstone
Point Break

And I'll fight anyone who says Point Break isn't awesome.

Animal House
Shawshank
Forrest Gump
Jaws
Star Wars ( The 1st released) It blew the minds of viewers in theaters like no other movie had or will. - IMO

1st & 2nd Alternate
Original Willy Wonka
Wizaard of Oz

Both bring back memories of the one chance you got in a year to watch both, everyone in America took advantage of it and families gathered around TV furniture everywhere to watch. A feeling that will never be repeated with new technology. Lots of popcorn on the floor, lots of tight hugs during the scary parts ( Slugworth)

the skulls
point break
10 things i hate about you
sandlot
do the right thing

Top 5 Modern Movies
Saving Private Ryan
Heavyweights
Waking Ned Divine
Cinderella Man
Last of the Mohicans

Top 5 "oldies"
What About Bob?
Giant
Rain Man
The Great Train Robbery
Unforgiven

Top 5 Modern Movies
Saving Private Ryan
Heavyweights
Waking Ned Divine
Cinderella Man
Last of the Mohicans

Top 5 "oldies"
What About Bob?
Giant
Rain Man
The Great Train Robbery
Unforgiven

Unforgiven and Last of the Mohicans came out the same year. In fact Unforgiven was released a month earlier than Last of the Mohicans.

Miller's Crossing
Bottle Rocket
Chinatown
The Squid & the Whale
aaand, shit, 5 is tough. Ummm, I think I might go Ghostbusters. I don't know, if I think about this too much I'll change a few of them.

I gotta sort by dramas and comedies.

Casablanca
Manchurian Candidate (original 1)
Godfather
Usual Suspects
Pulp Fiction/Snatch - depending on whether I'm feeling like an Anglophile

Life of Brian
Big Lebowski
Harold & Maude
The Graduate
Spinal Tap

21 Days Later
Amalie
Casablanca
Princess Bride
Big Lebowski/Raising Arizona
Hoosiers
Usual Suspects
Chinatown
Terminator
City of God

Breaking Bad

Brazil
2001 (I know it's also terribly boring, but still it's great)
Mad Max
Airplane!
Empire Strikes Back

Limiting to 5 is tough. These 5 truly don't stand above whatever the next 5 woul be.

Three guys with Love Actually in their top 5? I mean, it's a good film, guys. As far as romantic comedy goes, it is one of the more guy-friendly out there...Annie Hall, Philadelphia Story, etc... It's up there with both...But your top 5 OF ALL TIME?

Turn in your man cards at the door.

My Top 10 would likely include Love Actually and The Notebook...

...and before all of you neg rep pussies jump all over The Notebook think about this:

Homeboy gets the rich girl to date him by hanging from a fucking ferris wheel. They're totally in love but he has to go to war, and fuck shit up. She stopped responding to him so what does he do? Builds a house with his own hands and then goes on a bender during which he considers burning the entire thing to the ground. He refuses to sell it and just bangs a war widow. When she asks to go places he tells her no. Then when his old hoodrat comes by he kicks that war widow the curb and bangs his old hoodrat. Ultimately he steals her from her fiancee and they live together and have kids. Then he gets her to remember all that even though she has Alzheimer's and is able to make sure that they both die in their sleep together.

Noah was a BOSS.

Back