• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Your 5 favorite movies ever

Big Fish
The Big Lebowski
Pulp Fiction
Love Actually
Sandlot

Tough to pick 5, but these 5 I have watched over and over, but still enjoy every time.

Dr Strangelove
Christmas Vacation
10 Things I hate about you
Goodfellas
Scott Pilgrim (don't judge me)

1. The Fast and The Furious (2001) - Action scenes get topped by later movies in the franchise, but the dialogue is probably the best of any movie ever made. EVER.

2. The Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift - 2 words: "Bow Wow". Also the final race scene at the end is one of the most exciting race scenes in cinematic history.

3. Fast Five - Vin Diesel AND The Rock!? GET SRS.

4. 2 Fast 2 Furious - Don't fuck with Roman Pearce. Miami is the perfect backdrop for this classic thriller.

5. Fast & Furious - So good it doesn't need a number or label to differentiate itself. You've gotta appreciate Paul Walker as an FBI agent who is so bad-ass he breaks his coworkers nose and GETS AWAY WITH IT. Corona really steps it up with their ads in this movie, too... with lots of nice close-ups of the only beer Toretto ever drinks.

Days of Thunder
Sixteen Candles
Christmas Vacation
The Big Lebowski
Jaws

Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Pulp Fiction
Weird Science
The Lost Boys
Goonies
Top Gun
Stand by Me

Last edited:
The Godfather
A Few Good Men
The Shawshank Redemption
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Hoosiers

This is a good list.

The Godfather and Shawshank would be in my top 5. I guess beyond that off the top of my head I'd say Good Will Hunting, Fletch and either Inception, Pulp Fiction or Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

The Shawshank Redemption
Jurassic Park
Dumb and Dumber
Ocean's Eleven
The Fugitive

Making it ten I'd add
The Matrix
Tombstone
A Few Good Men
Major League
Terminator 2

It's hard to pick just one of the original Star Wars or the LOTR trilogies, because I think of this exercise as a "desert island" type game so if you can't consider those to be one movie I'll just not pick any of them. If you did consider them "one" movie, they'd both be top five easy.

American Pie
Road Trip
Waterboy
The Stand
Something About Mary

It's hard to pick just one of the original Star Wars or the LOTR trilogies, because I think of this exercise as a "desert island" type game so if you can't consider those to be one movie I'll just not pick any of them. If you did consider them "one" movie, they'd both be top five easy.

QFT.

I feel that way about the original Indiana Jones trilogy too.

American Psycho
Office Space
Happy Gilmore / Caddy Shack *
Toy Story 1 / 3 *
Old School

*Depending on the day...

Godfather
Dr. Strangelove
Uusual Suspects
The Producers (the real one)
Three Days of the Condor

1. Rudy
2. Hoosiers
3. Remember the Titans
4. Brian's Song

(I will stop what I am doing to watch any of those movies.)

5. Just about any documentary

Field of Dreams
Bottle Rocket
Pulp Fiction
Raising Arizona
Jerry Maguire

in no order:

Pillow Talk
Austin Powers
Shawshank
Die Hard
Office Space