• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Your favorite bid/boogity/Rico Suave contribution to the boards?

?

• Goth chick

Votes: 24 45.3%
  • "Pokies"

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • People you know named "Jody"

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • What's the blackest thing you've ever done?

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • Proliferation of bbd tags

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Weird music threads

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Thinking Brad Stevens is a bad coach

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Everything

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Nothing

Votes: 5 9.4%

• Total voters
For me, it's definitely the time he created life-like synthetic sex dolls of ITK and pre-transformation Goth Girl:

sideoreelena.jpg

I "cured" a goth kid

I'm presently in a community theatre performance, and there are lots of teenagers in the cast. One of the cast members is a high school kid who wore all black clothes, painted her fingernails black, wore eyeglasses with heavy black frames, and lots of black/gray makeup. Early on, I jokingly asked her if she was planning to burglarize some businesses in her black attire, and she just gave me a bad look and didn't say anything. Over time, I started talking to her (along with the other teenagers) during practice about school, hobbies, friends, etc., and she began engaging in conversations in complete sentences without making a bad face. In the course of talking to her, I realized that she didn't have a father or father-figure in her life, so I started encouraging her especially with school, her part-time job, her singing ability, and so forth just to provide whatever little positive influence I could. A couple of weeks ago, she showed up to practice wearing contact lenses and a fashionable haircut. It was more of a "Joan Jet" style of haircut rather than a "Kate Upton" style, but it was stilll more fashionable than what she previously wore. And she had these strikingly deep dark eyes that I'd never noticed before. I casually told her that I liked her eyes. When I said that, it was the first time I'd ever seen her smile. Over the course of the next few days, she gradually started wearing colorful and fashionable clothes and more normal makeup. Now she looks and acts like a normal teenager, and she holds her head up and talks without scowling. I'm sure a lot of factors went into her dropping the goth act, but I hope I had a small part in it.

The Blackest Thing You've Ever Done

What is the "blackest" thing you've ever done? Unless you're PH ... oh, nevermind. Everybody, whats the most stereotypically urban thing you've ever done?

I played football and ran track in high school, so I'm not as lilly-white as you might assume. I also have a couple of 2PAC songs on my iPad.

But today, I was the blackest mutha fucker in town. I drove my Mercedes Benz to the local Chinese buffet restaurant, and I parked in an unauthorized area! They didn't even try to tow me because they didn't want a cap in their ass! Not only that, but I went inside to eat, and I filled my plate full of fried chicken wings (rather than the healthier vegetable and seafood options)! I had such a swagger when I left, I turned my car radio to the local urban music channel and cranked it up. There was a catchy tune on about "so what we drink, so what we smoke weed ...", and I was blasting it, bitches. Shit!

People you know named "Jody"

Is it just me, or do people named "Jody" have more interesting lives on average than people with other names, with the possible exception of girls/women whos first names end in "i" (Tiffani, Brittani, etc.)?

In this thread, we describe the fascinating lives of Jodys that we know.

Jody #1: Turned to drugs and alcohol in HS. Found Jesus, and attended a small Bible College. Married an older woman who was very cute and personable, but who "babied" him because his mother had passed away when he was young. Became Youth Pastor of a large Baptist church. Was known for his strong personality and occasionally bad temper, and was very dogmatic about social and political issues. Lost his job. Starting screwing various skanks around town. His wife divorced him. Still, everybody seems to love him.

Jody #2: A normal kid in HS. Everybody loved him because he was cool to hang out with, despite being very tall, skinny, and unattractive. He became a roofer and does OK. On FB, it appears that his exwife was a psychopathic stalker, and he got custody of his teenage daughter.

Jody #3: The goofy nerdy kid in the HS band (several kids were nerdy, but he was the goofiest by far). Was a country music DJ in college and a few years afterward. Later became a funeral home director.

Jody #4: A girl in my grad school class who seemed boring to the point of being asexual. On 1 occasion, she let me copy her notes from a class that I had missed. When I offered to repay the favor, she smiled and said "you can buy me a drink later". I thought it was strange that the girls sitting with her in the library smiled at each other when she said that. After studying for another hour or 2, I felt a great debt of gratitude to her, so I asked her if she prefered Coke or Diet Coke, and she just gave me a confused look. I then went to the vending machine and bought her a Coke, and all the girls at her table starting laughing when I gave it to her. Apparently she had wanted me to take her to a local bar after studying that night, and I totally missed it because she was not that type. We still keep in touch on FB. She never married, but she hasn't missed a Braves home game in something like 4 years.

Jody #5: Everybody in HS suspected he was gay but he never came out of the closet. Worked for a local florist all through school, and purchased it from the owner after he graduated college. Became mayor of my small town, and is somewhat famous for turning our crappy Elementary School auditorium into a major concert venue. Robert Earl Keen performed there, and the Embers' annual concerts sell out every year.

A Single Buzz-Out Thread?

I have a suggestion. Everybody knows that Bz is a terrible coach. Everybody understands that and nobody denies it.

But why is it that nearly half of the threads on the Sports Board are dedicated to this fact? And the threads that aren't specifically labeled as Buzz-Out threads end up being hijacked and quickly turn into Buzz-Out threads. How many times can you reword the same concept and repost it? Its repetitive.

The Buzz-Out threads aren't bad and sometimes I participate in them, but they totally clog the first page of the Sports Board to the extent that we don't get to read or discuss anything else sports-related. I used to enjoy reading about MLB, NFL, NBA, etc., but now we have a sing dedicated thread for each of those sports although games are played regularly. Why can't we have a single dedicated Buzz-Out thread, and then we'd be able to read about other sports-related news and developments too? Just a suggestion.

give us the chest hair, marquee. don't hold back.

A Kinder Gentler OGBoards?

We have every reason in the world for this to be a very contentious forum: heightened emotions during an election year, historically poor performance by our basketball team, and another year of football not living up to its potential. We've had flame wars on the Tunnels, neg-rep wars, rude personal tags, Buzz-In v. Buzz-Our arguments, Blame-Lobo v. Don't-blame-Lobo arguments, etc. In short, this is what we've come to expect, especially on a board that was founded upon the principles of freedom of expression.

But a week or 2 ago, BBD, the board's hyper-sensitive moral compass, expressed the idea of using neg-rep in a positive way in order to encourage others to become better posters. Using it as a carrot, rather than a stick. Neg-repping people because you like them; not because you don't like them. And it seems to have worked. Not only is neg-repping down, but everybody here has been more respectful of other posters. I don't know if the credit goes to BBD, or if there are other factors involved (for example, with early voting underway people seem to care less about the election and are ready for it to be over, and people may not care about our mediocre football season since UNC is having a worse season).

Has anybody else noticed this, or is it just me? Is this remarkable, or is it just part of the natural progression of any social organization?

The Blackest Thing You've Ever Done

What is the "blackest" thing you've ever done? Unless you're PH ... oh, nevermind. Everybody, whats the most stereotypically urban thing you've ever done?

I played football and ran track in high school, so I'm not as lilly-white as you might assume. I also have a couple of 2PAC songs on my iPad.

But today, I was the blackest mutha fucker in town. I drove my Mercedes Benz to the local Chinese buffet restaurant, and I parked in an unauthorized area! They didn't even try to tow me because they didn't want a cap in their ass! Not only that, but I went inside to eat, and I filled my plate full of fried chicken wings (rather than the healthier vegetable and seafood options)! I had such a swagger when I left, I turned my car radio to the local urban music channel and cranked it up. There was a catchy tune on about "so what we drink, so what we smoke weed ...", and I was blasting it, bitches. Shit!

this one is real? good grief, how'd i miss this?

This is from way back (6-7 years ago) but there used to be a red headed member of the dance team and it seemed like every week he'd ask BobHWS to post some pics of her. Combining that with his fascination with Michelle Wie, it was pretty easy to pin that ol' bid was a creeper.

boogity boogity boogity let's go racism!

I look forward to when he shows up and tells us he as a black friend and an oriental friend, and a twink he knows at church who sings in the choir, and that a mexican cuts his lawn and he once smiled in the general direction of a jewish looking fellow with bad teeth and a crooked smile wearing a beanie....

Shocking: an organization over-run with homosexual pedophiles doesn't have a problem with homosexual sodomy. At least they're being consistent.

LOL that the pedophiles want to distance themselves from homosexuals.

But seriously, the textbook definition of homosexuality is knowingly and willingly engaging in sex acts with a member of the same gender. Those priests are both pedophiles and homosexuals if they choose to sodomize little boys. If they choose little girls, they're just pedophiles. But the difference is just a matter of semantics because pedophiles are so disgusting that it really doesn't matter what gender they choose to victimize, one is neither "better" or worse.

How do you know they are homosexual pedophiles as opposed to just pedophiles? You know in prison inmates have anal sex with one another and I would guess most of them are not gay.

Seems like you are leveling a homophobic slur.

You're correct. It was a test. I just wanted to see if BBD had finally given up his role as the gay rights Caped Crusader now that hes turned straight. And it appears that he had.

huh?

Rico, just don't talk about me anymore. Okay?

I'm just helping out a bro. People are still posting all these tags about you being gay, although you married a chick. I just want people to know that you're bangin dat pussy so they'll knock it off with all the rude tags.

On second thought, Will to Power is not as bad as sushi. Sushi is the worst. Whenever I go to a seafood restaurant with family or friends, theres always a table full of loud college students nearby saying "Look at meeeee!!! I'm eating raw fish!!!". And they only eat it because it gives them the excuse to say the word "wasabi" repeatedly. "Can you pass the wasabi? Wasabi? Yes, the wasabi. Wasabiwasabiwasabi!". If they wanted to experience a raw fish thats actually tasty, they'd eat ceviche (its excellent with grapefruit and lime). But no, they have to be all trendy and eat their sushi with wasabi and giggle and talk about it the entire time.

Back