• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Your favorite bid/boogity/Rico Suave contribution to the boards?

?

• Goth chick

Votes: 24 45.3%
  • "Pokies"

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • People you know named "Jody"

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • What's the blackest thing you've ever done?

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • Proliferation of bbd tags

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Weird music threads

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Thinking Brad Stevens is a bad coach

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Everything

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Nothing

Votes: 5 9.4%

• Total voters
bid.3.jpg

I just heard another cool story (albeit on a much smaller scale). A friend of mine's mother is in the hospital. The first thing her mother asked for, once she was able to eat regular food again, was Chik-Fil-A. Last night my friend goes to Chick-Fil-A for her mom and tells the clerk that it was her mother's first request after surgery, so the clerk gives her the mother's meal and my friend's meal for free. I just thought that was really cool of Chik-Fil-A.

Last edited:
Bid deserves some kind of lifetime achievement award for all this great work.

Thread - Politician blames his drunk boating crash that killed 5 year old on gay marriage

When I read the title, I immediately pictured a drunk gay couple trolling the lake looking for teenage boys to lure in with the promise of wine coolers, and crashing their boat for some reason. Fortunately it was just some dude who got drunk due to personal and political pressures.

And if talk of charitable giving bores you, heres the juicy part: this particular social worker is smoking hot. Shes in her mid-30s, tall, thin, and has strikingly beautiful facial features although now she tends to wear straight hair, little-to-no makeup, and practical clothes and shoes. Shes married with 2 young kids. And shes hot. She was high school friends with many of my friends, and in college her mom passed away, resulting in a years-long battle with alcohol and substance abuse through college. (She has not told me this herself, but her lifelong friends have shared this with me). At one point she took a break from college to work on a commercial fishing ship. She was a favorite groupie of the Dave Matthews Band, touring with them for awhile and apparently got passed around the band members although she never told anybody whether she actually had sexual intercourse with Dave or not. But now, shes a respected mother and social worker, and nothing in her personality indicates that she'd ever had substance abuse problems. Ten years ago, I would look at her and think about how sexy she was. Today, I look at her and think that shes a very attractive woman in a respectable dignified manner, which should be every woman's goal when they begin raising a family.

one of the weirdest paragraphs ever posted on the boards imho

I look forward to when he shows up and tells us he as a black friend and an oriental friend, and a twink he knows at church who sings in the choir, and that a mexican cuts his lawn and he once smiled in the general direction of a jewish looking fellow with bad teeth and a crooked smile wearing a beanie....

Christmas picture at the piano?

Clothing-Optional Communities

Has anyone ever visited one of these? Theres one in my community. I'm doing some corporate work for them right now, and am shocked to learn how much revenue they generate. I've never visited the site, but they basically built their own town (lodging, restaurants, pools, trails, entertainment, bars, memorial garden, etc.) on a 60 acre tract. I've heard that the lodging is very basic (even worse than a Day's Inn), but they charge top-dollar to their members who stay there. I just think this is a fascinating concept. The owners/investors are pretty ordinary guys but they're extremely laid back.

College "Care Packages"

For you current college kids -- what types of things do you like to receive in "care packages" from home? I use the medium flat-rate box from the post office, so I have to send smaller items.

My church has about 20 kids in college, so families volunteer to adopt a student and send an anonymous care package each month. The first month, I found a Ga Tech replica jersey at an outlet store for 80% off, so my kid (a Ga Tech student) had a good first month. After that, I've just been sending pistacios, individual snack packs of almonds, candy, granola bars, and peppermints. What other types of items would you like to get if you were receiving care packages? Whats the coolest thing you ever received in a care package?

Mathmatics help

I've never been very good a math and haven't used it for 25 + years so I need some help.

I need tile flooring for 117 square feet. That would be 117 12"x12" tiles, but I want to buy either 14"x14" or 16"x16" tiles. What formula do I use to figure the number of 14x14 tiles or 16x16 times to buy?

Thanks.

Random Overheard Comments Today

I got the idea for this thread from Esquire Magazines "Context-free highlights from letters we received", which can be really funny at times.

Everyone please post a random comment that you heard today that was odd or interesting or at least out of the ordinary. The less context you provide, the better.

Heres mine: "Well now hes in prison in Georgia, but at the time we were living in SouCarolina. But he stole the truck from Franklin, North Carolina."

Back