• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Keys to Victory: APP STATE

Mark Schlareth said today, talking about Zeke Elliott, the line gets him 2 yards and he'll end up with 5. That's how it was like at BC. Our OL did OK, the runners were great. They haven't been trained to do anything else.

Utah State: Keys to Victory

Wolford was the only rusher to have a good game.

Last edited:
BC had like 3-4 of their DL/LB land on the College Football Focus ACC team of the week. Given that front 7 I am happy with what we were able to do.

All I'm trying to says is that we have some tough runners and a confounding blocking scheme.

Three kickoffs. Three touchbacks.

Four kick was a squib kick. Tackle by Freudenthal. Someone noticed he made a bunch of special teams tackles. He was credited with 3 the last two weeks.

Last edited:
Wolford was the only rusher to have a good game.

everyone is concerned that only Wolford ran for any yardage against BC and then everyone says Notre Dame is not that good and then they have two backs run for over 200 against BC.

if we're going to beat anyone any good this year then either Notre Dame has a great running game or they showed everything against BC and tried to win pretty to keep their coach from getting fired and we didn't want to show anything against BC

On the other hand, we rushed about as well as Wisconsin did against Utah State.

At the end of the day I'm just glad we have smart kids who don't make a lot of mistakes. If we win the turnover battle again against appy state then we should keep it close and maybe steal one.

If we play like we have the first 3 weeks, we win comfortably.

CHANGED THREAD TITLE FOR UPCOMING OPPONENT AS DISCUSSION MOVED TO THEM

Why not just start a new thread?

All I'm trying to says is that we have some tough runners and a confounding blocking scheme.

I agree that guys do what coach tells them to do and while that our running game won't beat the good teams we are competitive in the other games.

Crazy what a great job Lary is doing on the radio broadcasts. Bunch of folks on here questioned the hire but I told everyone the kids would love him as much as the baseball team does and he would spark the team. Everyone agrees now that he's a a great hire.

Even though he knows football better than all of us he educates us without talking down to us.

A gem:

Post by YOSEFRULES » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:09 pm

I went to the Wake game Saturday and their fans and the stadium atmosphere are pathetic, definitely a wine and cheese crowd. I was however very impressed with how well they played on both sides of the ball but a lot of that could have been Utah State. What scares me is their hurry up offense and there where several times they lined up with 5 wide receivers. Who's going to cover all those receivers and we always seem to struggle against a hurry up offense. We are going to have to get some quick pressure on their quarterback.

I agree that guys do what coach tells them to do and while that our running game won't beat the good teams we are competitive in the other games.

Check out the replay of Byrds touchdown. Just the first 5 seconds or so. No OL is two yards down the field. Uncovered linemen are staying on the LOS to catch a DL. I can't make sense of this technique. I can tell that Wolf called the snap when the DL were not yet set, but still, Pile drive the fuckers.(I did see a USU helmet rolling down the field, that's pretty good).

A gem:

I went to the Wake game Saturday and their fans and the stadium atmosphere are pathetic, definitely a wine and cheese crowd. I was however very impressed with how well they played on both sides of the ball but a lot of that could have been Utah State. What scares me is their hurry up offense and there where several times they lined up with 5 wide receivers. Who's going to cover all those receivers and we always seem to struggle against a hurry up offense. We are going to have to get some quick pressure on their quarterback.

(He's right about the crowd, ar least for USU)

A gem:

Well in fairness to his post it was homecoming and there's always a bunch of people there to socialize and I'm convinced have no idea a football game is going on. I had a big group of lady alumni beside me and I honestly believe if I'd told them they were at a football game they would've been shocked.

Back