• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

If it adds any credibility to the dream: I also envisioned the colts running a 4th down play with only 2 guys on offense taking on all of Patriots special teams...

How is IC spinning this?

Most of the IC faithful feel he is going to Duke. A few think Harry is still a possibility for UNC. Then there's this:
"The way it looks is that we have no chance at this kid with pretty much the lack of conversation when asked about us. The way I see it is we need to just stop showing this pre madonna any attention if he doesn't want to come to the greatest university in the country then to hell with him"

Who you figure was pre-Madonna? I'm going with Lauren Hutton, but I've been known to lose decades.

Had a realistic dream that I started seeing posts online about Giles decision. The more and more Wake friends freaking out meant it had to be good news. Titles on the websites were "I'm coming home" with specific reference to Giles bringing glory back to Wake. "Part of being the best means making my own path." Never had a dream so detail driven. It was awesome.

I don't think this means anything other than a statement on how intense this recruiting storyline has been for Wake fans. Also it can't hurt the #vibes.

this is freaky I had a really similar dream. there were a crowd of die-hard wake forest fans like Ayo and DeaconCav and PhDeac in front of me and they were discussing Giles coming to wake. but everyone there was saying how he would never come to wake and just giving out bad #vibes. Everyone was talking wake because they love wake but there was too much doubt. then all of a sudden that Uptown funk song started playing and i kept hearing "don't believe me just watch" "don't believe me just watch" over and over. suddenly the sky turned black and from out of nowhere a meteor fell into the crowd and dust and dirt flew everywhere. i was blinded and confused with no hope of knowing anything for certain for what seemed like an eternity.

When the commotion settled a bright beam of old gold slowly fell from the sky and illuminated a single figure unscratched on one knee like the terminator. as he raised his face i could see it was noneother than the hometown hero Harry Giles. he smiled at the fans and stretched out his arms with two basketballs in each to reveal his massive wingspan and cody miller mcintyre and devin thomas gathered around him in a scene so beautiful i woke up!

It was kind of like your dream NorDeac but not really at all.

This is exactly what you don't understand as a fan of a team that just won it all & whose program isn't recovering from [Redacted]. No one who follows Wake hoops thinks if Harry chooses WF the impact will be minimal & is the message we are hoping he truly understands when making this decision. Truthfully the bolded is also what we hope goes against Duke /Ky versus Wake.

DukeSon said it best
Nine months won’t change Duke’s program
But would transform wake's

Can you elaborate to how this would change Wake's trajectory of a program?

Is this a serious question? This has been elucidated ad nauseam in the last 753 pages...please keep up and stop wasting our time.

Can you elaborate to how this would change Wake's trajectory of a program?

what is there to elaborate on? its pretty clear. a shitty down in the dumps program that begins its resurrection under manning and looks to slowly improve and become a factor in ncaa baskeball again. add giles and that upward trajectory improves immediately and speeds up the process. giles would be beloved at wfu for helping turn things around far more quickly that could happen without a player of his talent.

at duke he's another burger boy and you can only play 5 guys at a time.

also

thanks to [Redacted]
and wellman wake was shitty
giles swings giant vibes

crap...

if you read the redaction its six rather thanfive. had not not considered that.

crap...

if you read the redaction its six rather thanfive. had not not considered that.

Leave it to the professionals. Johnny Deacon, please help us.

I was a student at wake during the fab 5 days and if you had told me that one day Chris Weber will be teaching classes at Wake Forest, I would have a good chuckle. I also saw Hoop Dreams around that same era and if you told me that that guy would be teaching classes at Wake forest, I would have said sign me up.

Chris Webber is pretty high on the list of guys I hated in college who I like now.

Back