• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread : welcome to the world of the plastic beach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Names I’ve come up with for my wife’s State Department fantasy football team:

Putin it all on the Line
Kim Jung Undefeated
Sunak attack
4th and Macron
Xi jinping it to win it

None of these are apparently good enough though

Way back in the olden times when I was interviewing for jobs, it really bugged me that there was no mechanism for feedback to learn where I came up short/what I could have done better during the interview. Now that I'm often on the other side of the table, one of the things I offer candidates is a follow up conversation to those who don't get the job to let them know what I liked and what I didn't. I get how that would be impossible for folks who do more than the handful of interviews I do in a year, but it's kind of a golden rule sort of thing for me.
Good on you!

The best recruitment process I've gone through was for Credit Karma. I didn't get the job but two things stood out.

First we talked about compensation up front (which they are totally transparent about since roles at the same level and location are comp'd the same) and second the last person I interviewed with followed up and gave me feedback after they let me know I didn't get the role in a timely manner.

I didn't love they had me prepare a business case, but the other pieces made up for it to me.

he used to do surgery
for girls in the eighties
but gravity always wins

some prof on one of our moderated listservs approved a phishing email and a blackmail ("I have your nudes send bitcoin") email to like 2,000k plus people last night so I spent all day in crisis mode. fun!

Posted on the music thread, but for only slightly more than the price of a nosebleed Zach Bryan ticket, you can have a full three day pass to Hopscotch for 150 if any of you Triangle/NC'ers are interested. I've just been kind of on the fence, so figure maybe if someone reallyREALLY wants to go, it could be a win/win and I could make my money back. I also just spaced on the dates/days so won't even be able to make it to Pavement tomorrow, and the other bands I want to see are either going on too late or playing at the same time as another band I want to see, so it was quickly seeming like it might not be worth it for me, but I'm old and lame, so ymmv. It's the early bird price + taxes/fees.

Just putting it out there, let me know if interested!
Going to a show with you would probably be a blast, but I sadly cannot make it up.

Word is that theses are the last set of Pavement shows (Raleigh, Brooklyn, and Ohio(?)) and then they are hanging it up.

Not sure I’ve mentioned this on the boards before but I really love Pavement.

Going to a show with you would probably be a blast, but I sadly cannot make it up.

Word is that theses are the last set of Pavement shows (Raleigh, Brooklyn, and Ohio(?)) and then they are hanging it up.

Not sure I’ve mentioned this on the boards before but I really love Pavement.

Thanks! I’m actually just looking to get rid of my only ticket in part because I guess I assumed Pavement would play Friday or Saturday and I can’t make it tomorrow, and that was a prime draw, so with that and a couple other things it was looking less appealing for the money, which I could kind of do with.

But we’ll see how it shakes out. Sorry to miss them if it’s really their last run, but I guess that’s how it goes sometimes.

Not that there aren’t other good and interesting acts, I just started to do a cost/benefit and figured maybe I could make someone else’s day if I was just lukewarm about it, and maybe someone could actually get to the Pavement set.

Putin it all on the Line
Kim Jung Undefeated
Sunak attack
4th and Macron
Xi jinping it to win it

Kind of relevant, but The Annexation of Puerto Rico is one of my go-to's for the Little Giants reference

Putin it all on the Line
Kim Jung Undefeated
Sunak attack
4th and Macron
Xi jinping it to win it

Putin on the hits? Works a few ways as a joke.

Mostly I just wanted to say obvious misspelling is obvious mr clutch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back