• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Devin Talks Culture & Predictions for Next Season

Devin can take his culture of crying and quitting elsewhere.

More getting back on defense and performing against good competition next year, Mr. Thomas, less insane quotes to the press and punching of air.

I thought with Bz gone we would lose some of the asshole comments. Now it looks like that group is going to make Devin their poster, or should I say billboard, boy.

Give it a rest kids.

I'm cool with Devin's comments because he essentially talks about [Redacted] in the past tense. Maybe our long nightmare is finally coming to an end.

Here's the difference - Tim Duncan and Chris Paul didn't talk about winning, they did it on the court. Our current generation of players could learn a little from their examples. Actions speak far louder than words but in today's sports climate the athletes just don't get it.

Oh, and FWIW, John Wooden in his prime couldn't win 25 games coaching us next year......

I get the passion and defending the coach that recruited you. I really do. But Devin knows absolute shit about the state of the program and the so called need to clean it up. He was a sophomore in high school when Wellman created that smokescreen. Fuck Ron Wellman for blowing this smoke up this kid's ass. We need a great coach to come in and get Devin back on the rails. The quotes, the antics, the trash talking today... all that is a cry for help. And help better be on the way.

25 wins next year?

I must have missed the news about us leaving the ACC for the MEAC.

I get the passion and defending the coach that recruited you. I really do. But Devin knows absolute shit about the state of the program and the so called need to clean it up. He was a sophomore in high school when Wellman created that smokescreen. Fuck Ron Wellman for blowing this smoke up this kid's ass. We need a great coach to come in and get Devin back on the rails. The quotes, the antics, the trash talking today... all that is a cry for help. And help better be on the way.

Amen. I posted a similar thought a while back.

Devin desperately needs a solid coach who can grow his talent and teach him to be a man on and off the court. The kid is all over the place because he has absolutely no guidance from a very weak coaching staff.

Chris Paul talked a ton of trash, but he won a lot of games and was always the best player on the floor.

Devin talks a lot of trash despite not winning very much. It just doesn't look good to dance around screaming about how some guy on the #13 seed can't guard you on Wednesday of the ACC Tournament. And his sour grapes earlier in the year didn't make much sense, either.

That said, he has seen [Redacted] as his example, which is no example. I think he would benefit greatly from a new coach who would hold him accountable and help him reach his potential. Devin seems fairly bright and just needs his energy directed in a better direction.

I just watched the interview. Devin did not go looking for the media. He was sought out and his response was actually quite diplomatic given the situation, as was the response made by Travis.

Must say that Devin spoke as if Bz is gone. But maybe that is reading too much into his words and demeanor.

Understood, but what do you expect him to say? He's been fed this crap. He's a kid. He just got his ass kicked. I agree that he'll be better off, as we all will, with a new coach...but what's the surprise here? It's a typical human reaction. Defend your own...even if you know deep down that they suck.

I just watched the interview. Devin did not go looking for the media. He was sought out and his response was actually quite diplomatic given the situation, as was the response made by Travis.

Must say that Devin spoke as if Bz is gone. But maybe that is reading too much into his words and demeanor.

Where is there video?

Amen. I posted a similar thought a while back.

Devin desperately needs a solid coach who can grow his talent and teach him to be a man on and off the court. The kid is all over the place because he has absolutely no guidance from a very weak coaching staff.

Somewhere out there is a coach that can do for Devin what Skip did for Josh.

Here's the difference - Tim Duncan and Chris Paul didn't talk about winning, they did it on the court. Our current generation of players could learn a little from their examples. Actions speak far louder than words but in today's sports climate the athletes just don't get it.

Oh, and FWIW, John Wooden in his prime couldn't win 25 games coaching us next year......

Look a who he's been learning from. Give him a real coach and a real leader and he will either get it together or go somewhere else. But it's not fair to blame him for what is essentially a lack of leadership.

Somewhere out there is a coach that can do for Devin what Skip did for Josh.

Yep.

Understood, but what do you expect him to say? He's been fed this crap. He's a kid. He just got his ass kicked. I agree that he'll be better off, as we all will, with a new coach...but what's the surprise here? It's a typical human reaction. Defend your own...even if you know deep down that they suck.

That was my point. He's been spoon fed the culture change shit while he acts no differently than the players under Dino. I'm not blaming Devin. I think Wellman is the problem. I don't even blame Bzz. Dino didn't drive this program into the ground. Ron Wellman did.

I thought with Bz gone we would lose some of the asshole comments. Now it looks like that group is going to make Devin their poster, or should I say billboard, boy.

Give it a rest kids.

This all day. I enjoy watching Devin play ball. He's a passionate dude.

Back