• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Devin Talks Culture & Predictions for Next Season

Hey look, dalbert knows Devin!!!!

Shut up.

It's just annoying to see a bunch of overweight 30 year olds bash a good kid that they don't know in the slightest. Would love to see posters from this board spit such vitriol to the players' faces.

Shut up.

It's just annoying to see a bunch of overweight 30 year olds bash a good kid that they don't know in the slightest. Would love to see posters from this board spit such vitriol to the players' faces.

Lol. Ok junior.

Devin is going down the Kenny Okoro path. Very promising freshman year, disappointing sophomore year more known for histrionics than consistent production.

You do realize all of Devin's stats are improved from last year?

I believe a better comparison to Okoro would be Travis if you substitute lack of interest for histrionics.

I believe a better comparison to Okoro would be Travis if you substitute lack of interest for histrionics.
Ummm, no, Devin's conference stats are not improved from last year. In fact, he's regressed in some categories. See the improvement thread.

There was little hostility for Devin until he openly called his own team mates out as lazy and then went out and stood around on the court pouting. And then he followed it up with a call out of the fans. It all went down hill from there. There's a difference between being passionate and aggressive towards the other team while taking on and beating some of the best in the nation (see JHo, CP, etc) and calling out your team/fans after a loss, calling out other players on other teams after losing to them, and flexing towards the sky in meaningless games (see Devin).

I don't think there is a difference. He's passionate and aggressive. We should be happy we have him. He hates to lose and plays hard. He's a leader and at least tries to get the team energized. He's the opposite of Travis. If he's calling out the fan base, perhaps we should try to see it from his perspective.
No matter what, I don't get personal attacks on one of our own. At least he gives us consistent histrionics.

No, they're not. His season stats, sure...but they are very much padded by the "historically noncompetitive" OOC schedule. Just like our record is improved from last year based on the early season cupcake feast. His ACC stats are down from last year.

Vitriol can't be spat.

God damn no-SAT morans ...

Last edited:
Point is, you would never do it, internet muscles

Point is this: you just called a bunch of posters old and fat, something you'd never do to their face either kiddo. I'm sorry the irony is lost on you. The ability to detect your own hypocrisy must come with age.

You know, this whole "culture" thing has been phrased a lot of different ways over the past 4 years, but I think this is the most offensive. Shit like this makes it sound like we had a Baylor thing going on with players murdering each other and coaches covering it up. It's especially egregious when we have a university RIGHT DOWN THE STREET that is embroiled in an actual honest-to-God athletic scandal that has indeed tarnished that university's integrity. Talk about culture all you wish, but don't talk about Wake Forest University's injured "integrity" as a result of the basketball program. That is ridiculous.

I posted pretty much the exact same thing on the scout board.

Point is this: you just called a bunch of posters old and fat, something you'd never do to their face either kiddo. I'm sorry the irony is lost on you. The ability to detect your own hypocrisy must come with age.

30 is old? And I sure as hell would if the actions warranted it, pops.

Ph's worst nightmare is here. A generation of neo Staak-era fans are upon us like the plague!

I'll stop criticizing Devin when he gives 110% all game, every game. Not when he's playing well. When he is playing poorly, the kid is down, doesn't play with the same energy. He also needs to learn how to channel his energy properly. As many have noted, doing the superman pose/flexing in a silly Wednesday game is ridiculous. Go about your business and let you play do the talking. Also needs to learn that every bump or tap isn't a foul and that he should let the refs worry about calling the fouls. I get complaining once or twice a game, but when you're constantly running down the court with your hands up like "where is the foul?" it gets excessive and ridiculous. Oh yeah, not to mention that he's always the last one down the court because he's complaining or laying down on the court so it's 5v4 for a few seconds.

He must be a terrible pick up game player. Probably calls foul on everything.

Ph's worst nightmare is here. A generation of neo Staak-era fans are upon us like the plague!

Not sure if you're being facetious or not. I've been worried about Wake grads from the post-Skip era treating NITs like they are gold and losing the championship aspirations that Wake grads from the 90s and early 00s had.

I didn't know that not playing hard was a criticism that people had of Devin. Dude pretty much plays hard all the time.

I can confirm that if I went to Wake during the [Redacted] experiment then I would probably never give two shits about Wake basketball

I just assume that any current students that are bball fans are weirdo face painters

Back