• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pulse of the Fanbase: End of Year 2 of the Manning Era

On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the best, 1 the worst), how confident are you in Danny M

Votes: 18 6.6%

Votes: 47 17.2%

Votes: 64 23.4%

Votes: 40 14.6%

Votes: 39 14.2%

Votes: 33 12.0%

Votes: 21 7.7%

Votes: 6 2.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 6 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There's more to worry about '16 than not getting Giles. We just looked lost recruiting. Not a class that is going to make us much better. And we should've made the NIT this year. Kick the ole can further down the sidewalk.
The way I look at it....if the program was in as much disarray due to Bz as many believed, then making the NIT this year was probably going to be hard to do because it was a deep deep hole. I didn't think it was that bad but given both Bz recruits as seniors appeared to screw things up in the second half of the season, it must have been that bad. Bz was a quirky dude and players/culture reflect the coach. There were obviously issues with them...personality, coachability, etc. Hopefully...hope...fully...thing will improve by subtraction.

The way I look at it....if the program was in as much disarray due to Bz as many believed, then making the NIT this year was probably going to be hard to do because it was a deep deep hole. I didn't think it was that bad but given both Bz recruits as seniors appeared to screw things up in the second half of the season, it must have been that bad. Bz was a quirky dude and players/culture reflect the coach. There were obviously issues with them...personality, coachability, etc. Hopefully...hope...fully...thing will improve by subtraction.

Culture - the great irony

3 maybe? Hard to really care anymore. The roster has obvious holes but what few players we had were undisciplined and made unforced dumb mistakes all the way to the final game of the season. A well coached team gets that nonsense out early on in the season regardless of talent level.

Went with 3. There are no quick fixes, our league is only getting better, and we don't seem to have the pieces in place - on the court, on the bench, and in the administrative offices - to significantly improve.

Good Lord that Manning quote better just be him supporting his freshman point guard for taking a boneheaded shot.

For the record, all press conferences can be found here: http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/wake-m-baskbl-spec-rel.html

For yesterday's game, click on the top link, then go to "quotes."

No need to go off the speculation of some stranger's snippet on a message board.

Q. Bryant, from your perspective, tell us about the last possession.
BRYANT CRAWFORD: We drew up a dribble handoff play from Mitch to come on the screen, get a shot. He wasn't open, so he passed me the ball. I looked up at the clock, time was winding down, so I shot the long three.

Q. Danny, what was your take on the final possession? Were you okay with Bryant's shot?
COACH MANNING: Bryant has made some big shots for us before. They guarded it pretty well. Obviously we needed a three-point shot. There was some time, a little space for him to get the shot off. That's the best look we could get at that point in time. So you have to take it. If you dribble it in any closer, there's no chance of getting off a three.

I'm surprised more people aren't questioning the decision to shoot a 3 rather than try to get a quick 2 and foul.

Last edited:
If you would like to completely clean house, then fine. But it makes no sense to single out Childress when the other two assistants are performing worse than he is.

If you would like to completely clean house, then fine. But it makes no sense to single out Childress when the other two assistants are performing worse than he is.

If our 11-20 season is any indication, then nobody on our staff is doing a good enough job at their job.

I still don't understand the argument made above that Chill gets credit for the 2015 class, but the 2016 class is [Redacted]'s fault or something.

I don't have any interest in making excuses for them. Replicating the success of the 2015 class in 2016 was a reasonable expectation. They failed to do that. So we're now in the position of hoping those recruits outperform their rankings. Maybe one or two of them will manage to do that but we needed a class where they all could be expected to contribute and that simply won't happen.

1. I have zero hope that Danny Manning is good enough to get us consistently back to where Odom, Skip and Dino had us in the ACC. That's the goal, and he's not capable of it.

We're going to find ourselves mired at the bottom of the league as the HoF coaches start retiring and completely miss any opportunity that it presents.

Don't lump Dino in with Odom and Skip. The decline started because RW mishandled the situation after Skip passed. If he would have just made Dino interim for the season and waited until the end of the season we would have ended up with a great coach and a much better off position then we are in now.

That was my point. According to 247, Childress was the lead on Collins and Crawford but we have yet to see Ballard or Woodberry (except for Donovan Mitchell who is a complete unknown and Richard Washington) as the lead on someone we got

Shit on Dino all you want, but he's still responsible for a pretty gaudy win percentage. He never should have been hired long term, but he still took a team from 5-11 to 11-5 and had them ranked #1 in the nation.

Shit on Dino all you want, but he's still responsible for a pretty gaudy win percentage. He never should have been hired long term, but he still took a team from 5-11 to 11-5 and had them ranked #1 in the nation.

Didn't that team have three NBA players on it? Bzz might have been able to coach them to that.

For the record, all press conferences can be found here: http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/wake-m-baskbl-spec-rel.html

For yesterday's game, click on the top link, then go to "quotes."

No need to go off the speculation of some stranger's snippet on a message board.

Q. Bryant, from your perspective, tell us about the last possession.
BRYANT CRAWFORD: We drew up a dribble handoff play from Mitch to come on the screen, get a shot. He wasn't open, so he passed me the ball. I looked up at the clock, time was winding down, so I shot the long three.

Q. Danny, what was your take on the final possession? Were you okay with Bryant's shot?
COACH MANNING: Bryant has made some big shots for us before. They guarded it pretty well. Obviously we needed a three-point shot. There was some time, a little space for him to get the shot off. That's the best look we could get at that point in time. So you have to take it. If you dribble it in any closer, there's no chance of getting off a three.

I'm surprised more people aren't questioning the decision to shoot a 3 rather than try to get a quick 2 and foul.

I've posted multiple times the man is clueless in end game situations on how to extend a game.

Don't lump Dino in with Odom and Skip. The decline started because RW mishandled the situation after Skip passed. If he would have just made Dino interim for the season and waited until the end of the season we would have ended up with a great coach and a much better off position then we are in now.

100% correct

Back