• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Tennis (WS Open Starts Saturday)

Good 5-2 win over another Top 20 team... big tests vs. Duke and UNC coming up in March, I think we will finish the season in the Top 10

Another great win. Rubin beat Contini, a very good player, 6-1, 6-1. Of course Bogaerts won again too. He's so consistent.

They play at #6 Duke Sunday at 3 pm.

Love Rubin's game. Hope he sticks around another year but I'm guessing he feels he's ready to go pro.

If you're a Wake fan and live in the triangle, you should watch the Deacs play at #6 Duke tomorrow at 3 pm. Wake is really good and fun to watch. Rubin is the man and may only be at Wake this year before turning pro. Bogaerts and the rest of the team are also really fun to watch, and the weather should be great.

If you had told me before the match that we would win if we won at #1 and #2, I would have felt pretty good about things. But not looking great now

I think he's lost 3 if I remember correctly. I wonder if having a few losses convinces him to stay another year. Probably just wishful thinking.

I think he's lost 3 if I remember correctly. I wonder if having a few losses convinces him to stay another year. Probably just wishful thinking.

That's correct. He lost to the number 1s at Duke (Alvarez), OK (Harris), and Tennessee (Libietis).

Close match yesterday, with Wake losing 4-3. Going in, I thought Rubin would win. I also thought Kan, Mansouri, and Ho had good chances as well. It sounds like Duke played really well, as their coach stated it was a "special match" for them. Wake has the next 3 on the road, at State, GT, and Clemson. Wake will be favored in all 3, but they'll be tough, especially State.

The new ITA computer rankings were released today and Bogaerts has moved up to #8, Rubin up to #27 (from being unranked 2 months ago), Ho is #80, and the doubles team of Seraphim and Mansouri is #10 in the country. The men's team remains at #12 and plays Saturday at #38 NC State.

The women play GT at home today at 4:00 PM and the men play at NC State tomorrow at 2:00 PM.

The new ITA computer rankings were released today and Bogaerts has moved up to #8, Rubin up to #27 (from being unranked 2 months ago), Ho is #80, and the doubles team of Seraphim and Mansouri is #10 in the country. The men's team remains at #12 and plays Saturday at #38 NC State.

Thanks for the update. Good showing by the Deacs!

Deacs lost 4-3 to NC State today. Bogaerts lost, which is really surprising because he has been a rock this year.

Wake is at Clemson and then at GT for their next two matches. Both teams are decent, but Wake really needs to win those matches to stay in the top 16 in the country and host two ncaa tourney matches.

Back