• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

"Shootings by toddlers have happened in 24 states so far this year. Missouri has seen the most, with five separate incidents. Florida has had four. Texas, three. Due to the low number of total cases and the isolated nature of these incidents I'd caution against drawing broad conclusions from the map above. But it is worth noting that the shootings don't necessarily follow broader population trends. California, the most populous state in the nation, hasn't had any. Nobody has been shot by a toddler in New England or the Upper Midwest."

Guns don't kill people, toddlers kill people.

Wife and I are doing our part to help stop all of the toddler killings by not having any toddlers.

Maine's new law allowing CC w/out a permit goes into effect today

woohoo! watch out, criminalz!

"Shootings by toddlers have happened in 24 states so far this year. Missouri has seen the most, with five separate incidents. Florida has had four. Texas, three. Due to the low number of total cases and the isolated nature of these incidents I'd caution against drawing broad conclusions from the map above. But it is worth noting that the shootings don't necessarily follow broader population trends. California, the most populous state in the nation, hasn't had any. Nobody has been shot by a toddler in New England or the Upper Midwest."

Guns don't kill people, toddlers kill people.

http://myths.answers.com/other/unexpected-murderer-the-vending-machine-deaths

he's saying that vending machines are probably sentient and have the mental capacity of toddlers

You like things spelled out for you, don't you?

I like people to explain the connection between the truth of toddler shootings and the myth of vending machine deaths.

I could buy the argument that gun nuts view guns as harmless devices of wish fulfillment similar to vending machines.

So water is more dangerous than guns. Thanks, Junebug.

So water is more dangerous than guns. Thanks, Junebug.

junebug:

filepicker%2FEQi0jRD0TLa3zsQpuwaL_supersoaker.jpg

Stopped in the new Field & Stream store that opened yesterday. Pretty efficient; they have a take a number system to handle all the people buying guns. And it's about 20 people deep right now.

Stopped in the new Field & Stream store that opened yesterday. Pretty efficient; they have a take a number system to handle all the people buying guns. And it's about 20 people deep right now.

I guess I need to go buy some guns to protect my family from all these gun-toting crazies.

Back