• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

I would be OK with a tacked thread dedicated to the exploits of the one-armed Jason Kidd in waiting, Mark Smith. Maybe that's just me, though.

My theory: we had a great 2018 recruiting class. Why kill the vibes? Let’s transition this thread to 2019 but change the chart and first page info.

My theory: we had a great 2018 recruiting class. Why kill the vibes? Let’s transition this thread to 2019 but change the chart and first page info.

Counterpoint: We had a great 2018 class precisely because we got a new thread for that instead of sticking to the '17 thread. You can't just stick to the old things because they've worked in the past, or you end up like 2012 Grobe. It's time for a refresh. '17 thread was ok, we learned a lot, '18 thread was fantastic, we got a spectacular class, now '19 is going to be even better... we're on an upward trajectory here and it's all about EVOLVING.

Also it helps to split up giant threads when it comes to indexing and archiving threads on the backend, and current posts will be stored w/ a properly titled thread in the long run, preserving history correctly.

Did anybody check to see if Ayo pulled a Nolley and decommitted today?

Seems like we should wait to start a new thread until the fall signing period is here. But it’s really unimportant.

Did anybody check to see if Ayo pulled a Nolley and decommitted today?

Give him time.
It's not out of the question before signing day.
Lots of stuff happening that could change his mind.

If he went to Illinois because of Chin and location, I don't think those will change if Underwood is under investigation.

If he went to Illinois because of Chin and location, I don't think those will change if Underwood is under investigation.

If the dirty stuff goes far enough, Chin might be pulled in considering his significant AAU work.

But we have no reason to think Chin could get wrapped up in this. He just got hired.

Ayo aint coming to Wake. We lost that recruiting battle, and to be honest I am not sure what else we could have done to win it. He and his family wanted a place they could drive to games to see, and in my opinion he also wanted a place where he felt confident he was going to get 25-30 minutes every night no matter what. He has that at Illinois, and he will never have that at Wake. If he comes to Wake he would have to earn his time (and I think he could, but it would be no guarantee) over a bevy of experienced and talented guards. Additionally, we cannot solve the distance problem for his family. If he chose Wake it was going to have to be because he saw the value of our program over Illinois, and how we could help him advance towards his career goals. If he didn't see that opportunity before, he probably won't see it even if Underwood runs into trouble. If he did for some reason de-commit, I am certain that Manning would be there with open arms.

Trust the process, wrangor.

I always #TTP. Originally didn't think Ayo was in the mix. Got my hopes us during the recruitment, but from the beginning I thought our dream class was Wright, Mucius, Hoard. Ayo has always been icing on the cake. I really hope that we don't reach for a guard for '18 unless the staff really thinks he can contribute in a big way. If Crawford leaves after this year, we will have a great opportunity for a post grad, and it will additionally set us up as an extremely desirable location for a '19 PG.

Exactly. I'd love to land one of those heady PGs who give teams fits in the tournaments.

His parents are unhappy because Illinois is still recruiting TNT and they don't like his parents. Obviously Coach Stephen F. Austin cannot be trusted.

I'm reporting this as fact, but it's just a rumor currently.

But it's one of those rumors that might turn out to be true.

Back