• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Completely depends on what you're talking about with coaching. Your original "take coaching over talent" comment seemed to clearly imply coaching without recruiting (aka talent - so just game planning, in game coaching, etc.). If you want to say you meant coaching counts as having someone who can bring in talent AND coach then the conversation should be over because that's not what the argument started as. A talent v coaching argument should imply a great coach with a bad team v a bad coach with a great team - otherwise its an argument of a great coach with a great team v a bad coach with a great team which has an obvious answer.

We were talking about college coaches. You implied wrong.

So have you reached the point where the most important aspect of college coaching is the ability to recruit talent?

So have you reached the point where the most important aspect of college coaching is the ability to recruit talent?

I find it hard to believe any Wake fan could experience the last 30 years and believe this. We've had plenty of talent and still couldn't make the Final Four. That's on the coaching.

No. It's a talent v coaching conversation, not coaching and talent v talent. You just did your usual "make a vague statement and make it mean whatever I want it to mean later in the argument." Stop.

Carry on.

I find it hard to believe any Wake fan could experience the last 30 years and believe this. We've had plenty of talent and still couldn't make the Final Four. That's on the coaching.

So which of those 30 years did Wake have a team with at least 3 NBA players and 2 plus Euro-league level players? That was the premise I laid out as being the talent level necessary for a solid run at a national championship.

No. It's a talent v coaching conversation, not coaching and talent v talent. You just did your usual "make a vague statement and make it mean whatever I want it to mean later in the argument." Stop.

Carry on.

No. Just no. Just because you don't understand what somebody says you can't just claim it was "vague." Nothing I said changed. Sadly, I had to explain it in more detail because you couldn't understand it.

Your premise doesn't make any sense anyway because again, we're talking about college coaches.

So which of those 30 years did Wake have a team with at least 3 NBA players and 2 plus Euro-league level players? That was the premise I laid out as being the talent level necessary for a solid run at a national championship.

In 2009 we had 4 NBA players and several Euro-level pros.

How many national championship contenders even have that much talent? You're way overstating it. You may want to go back and look at last Final Four teams before sticking with that premise. Facts > Feels.

And the tactics remain #undepheated! Who would've thought that'd happen.

It's easy to dismiss someone if you misrepresent them. Nice work, Charlotte. Always loyal to the cause.

It's easy to dismiss someone if you misrepresent them. Nice work, Charlotte. Always loyal to the cause.

So I’m gonna guess, just reading the last page of the thread that there’s no recruiting news for today

So I’m gonna guess, just reading the last page of the thread that there’s no recruiting news for today

Apparently. I'm just a fan who relies on our insiders like Charlotte for scoops.

In 2009 we had 4 NBA players and several Euro-level pros.

How many national championship contenders even have that much talent? You're way overstating it. You may want to go back and look at last Final Four teams before sticking with that premise. Facts > Feels.

That team did get ranked #1 and was our last time at the top of the polls. NCAA tournament curse for Wake is another issue, and I don't think its coaching as much as some teams just historically aren't lucky in the tournament.

And people complained when I filled up the recruiting thread with gifs. WTF is the matter with you people ? Don't we have like five other threads where you're making the same arguments about Manning and the team ?

ogJ8Axs.gif

Last night news broke that SKJ is visiting Memorial Day weekend, not sure if you saw that but Jeff Borzello tweeted it out if you want to take a look. Currently on a visit to NC State and going to Pitt this weekend.

That team did get ranked #1 and was our last time at the top of the polls. NCAA tournament curse for Wake is another issue, and I don't think its coaching as much as some teams just historically aren't lucky in the tournament.

Why would that be if not for coaching?

Back