• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

I read a good article on Tucker some time ago - can't remember the website - that basically said that Tucker has never gotten over the grilling that Stewart gave him, and that a good deal of his public resentment at "liberal coastal elites" is genuine, unlike some other right-wing talking heads, and started with that public humiliation. Tucker is interviewed in the article and references the incident, and some people who know Tucker say in the article that he's still angry about it. So he's not really a populist standing up for blue-collar Heartland America, but a bitter elite who still feels excluded from the good clubs and is mad that all the "nice people" won't treat him with any respect. Don't get mad, get even seems to be his motto now.

All of this sound very familiar......

Wow. That’s a very well done ad.

Damn. And a day after it was posted too.

I like those numbers

betting markets had been bending back toward Trump a bit -- 37 cents to 42 cents over two weeks from early to late October

Past 24 hours have seen a large increase for Biden in key swing states. Erased much of the Trump gains from the previous 7 days.

So which betting markets would you recommend to bet Biden win, Biden gets over 325 EV, and a few Senate races?

So which betting markets would you recommend to bet Biden win, Biden gets over 325 EV, and a few Senate races?

I think legally, PredictIt is the only political betting market in the US.

Many of my friends have an account with Bovada, but I don't know what you have to do there to open an account. I think they are based out of Canada and payment is via Bitcoin...

does that Biden ad have birds chirping in the background when the oval gets filled in or is it just me

supporters_by_race.jpg

supporters_by_age_group.jpg

Old white people suck, RJ in shambles

does that Biden ad have birds chirping in the background when the oval gets filled in or is it just me

Yes. To me it sounds like a European black bird at first and the switches to house sparrows when they put the ballot in the drop box.

I'm pretty surprised to see that 538 gives Trump a 1-in-4 chance of winning at least one state that Hillary won in 2016. I would've guessed maybe Nevada or New Hampshire (if any) about a month ago, but if polling is anywhere close to accurate, which state(s) could he possibly have a 24% chance to flip this year?

I think its explained by there just being so many potential states even if said states have a really really low probability, but since its not 0 its eventually all adds to 24%

Back