• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Republican Coup (Practice Run)

A man sent his girlfriend’s brother a selfie while storming the Capitol, officials say. The brother is a federal agent.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/01/20/capitol-rioter-thomas-fee-text/

When Thomas Fee got a text on Jan. 6 from his girlfriend’s brother asking if he was in Washington, he responded with a selfie inside the U.S. Capitol Rotunda as dozensof others who had just stormed the building waved flags behind him, federal officials said.

In one message, Fee wrote he was “at the tip of the spear,” according to a criminal complaint filed Saturday.

But Fee’s girlfriend’s brother wasn’t asking out of simple curiosity — he is a special agent with the State Department. The agent, who isn’t identified in court documents, later turned the evidence over to the FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force.

It's amazing how unbelievably stupid these people are.

Last edited:
"It's amazing how unbelieveably stupid these people are"

Agreed; but is anyone else surprised that the number of arrests hasn't been higher? It has been two weeks.

It's possible the feds have been slow playing the arrests in fear that Trump would pardon them.

Has Elizabeth been arrested yet? I'd love to hear her 1st conversation with her defense attorney.

Seeing a lot of "Proud Boys abandoning Trump" and "QAnon abandoning trump" stories on the yahoo. These are probably misleading/fakenews/talking about a very small minority, right?

Probably. And even if they're "abandoning" Trump, they're probably moving to something worse.

MSNBC is actually talking about this right now.

"What do you do with hundreds of thousands of people who are adrift?" Basically saying white supremacists have a playbook for recruiting them because the real world isn't ready to handle them yet.

One of the panelists made a good point. MAGA/Q crowd was expecting pardons but Trump took care of rappers and well-connected elites in Trump's inner circle. So that pissed off some of them as well.

Last edited:
They probably should've thought about that before they looked so low-class on tv while they were insurrecting

Seeing a lot of "Proud Boys abandoning Trump" and "QAnon abandoning trump" stories on the yahoo. These are probably misleading/fakenews/talking about a very small minority, right?

Saw it on Huffpo as well

Agreed; but is anyone else surprised that the number of arrests hasn't been higher? It has been two weeks.

Nah they going to jail. When cosplay goes wrong

FBI has a lot of stuff to go through. At one point I heard 150,000 tips and leads, including photos and videos. It takes time to go through that much stuff to determine what was happening that was chargeable and exactly who was doing it.

The FBI will be meticulous about their identifications. They want to make sure their work will hold up in court. The FBI could see this as a bit of vindication after the way they were trashed by the previous administration.

yeah, i think the FBI is going to make headway with domestic terrorism now that trump is gone. i believe they were slow-playing the arrests in case trump did a blanket pardon (i think someone else mentioned). if it was posted or if they did not have on masks in the capitol, they will be arrested. people are turning in their own family and friends and these idiots could not help themselves to posting on FB or whatever...idiots deserve to go to jail.

next time post pictures of yourself robbing a bank...

hwql4uw5nlc61.jpg

@parlertakes on twitter has been posting a bunch of screenshots of reality setting in for these people. Whether they are representative of the movement at large, I don't know.

Back