• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

I don't really get this story. How did guy 2 even see the text messages. Was this guy texting from a Surface Pro in 46 font? So weird.

That's my take-away. I have a suspicion this was a setup to publicize that whiskey bar.

My suspicion is compounded by how the texting guy just meekly gave up his seat. There are wusses out there certainly, but that guy could have easily called over a flight attendant to complain of harassment.

Last edited:
I agree, it is "lol" that the bar thought no one would catch on.

That's my take-away. I have a suspicion this was a setup to publicize that whiskey bar.

My suspicion is compounded by how the texting guy just meekly gave up his seat. There are wusses out there certainly, but that guy could have easily called over a flight attendant to complain of harassment.

Or maybe he didn’t want to make a big deal about a damn seat.

Some people are super fucking weird about the seat they picked being the seat they paid for and will under no circumstances move.

I don't trust people who want to change seats. Something's definitely up.

And if my carry-on is already safely stowed in the overhead compartment directly over my head and I'm in an aisle seat, why would I want to move ?

Dude if your sitting next to a fat stinky and someone asks you if you wanna switch seats you jump on that chance.

Anyone else get caught up in bad east coast weather this week? Flight on Monday from Marsh Harbor to Miami was wild - circled in storms/turbulence for an hour or so to try to get clearance to land in a small American Eagle plane, but ended up diverting to Nassau. Sat on the runway there for 2.5 hours and still flew through nasty storms on the way to Miami.

Of course everyone was now arriving at the same time, so customs in Miami were an absolute hell-hole. Luckily got on a flight soon after we re-checked our bags, only to sit on the runway again for an hour or so. Fortunately, it was a brand new 737 with the nice in-seat entertainment and good AC. Got home at 11 instead of 5. 16 hour travel days are fun.

I asked someone to switch from one first class aisle seat to another (3C to 2D) so that I could sit with a friend and he gave me a very annoyed no. He wasn't settled in yet or anything...just being a dick.

I asked someone to switch from one first class aisle seat to another (3C to 2D) so that I could sit with a friend and he gave me a very annoyed no. He wasn't settled in yet or anything...just being a dick.

humble brag.

Or maybe he booked the Aisle.

I was on a South West flight from Denver to Austin this week that was about 60% full, and I was one of the last people boarding in the B section (I fucking hate southwest). Anyways almost everyone on the flight had picked an aisle seat or a window seat, but about one third of the way down the plane a middle aged uppity white women sat her ass down in the middle seat. Idk why but this kinda pissed me off as she was clearly trying to take the whole row for herself. As the last person to get on the plane I sat right down next to her, she said nothing for the flight but slid down to the window. EOM.

Nice work, catamount.

Back