• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

Non issue? People on this thread complain about rolling carryon bags or waiting for checked bags. Getting detained by police is a pretty big deal by comparison.

Also we are having a national conversations about white people calling the police on black people for no reason and poor airline customer service.

Non issue for the national press to cover, certainly relevant for this thread.

The issue is she's overweight and crowding her fellow passengers. See thread title.

For gods sake, you guys can be real dicks sometimes. "fat slob"? Jesus christ.

And for those not too lazy, you can click the twitter link in the story and see a video and pictures the black lady took during the flight. Her arm is barely touching the other lady and that is definitely something that could have been avoided. She's not "spilling over" into the seat.

I hope none of you make a big deal about arms touching.

I guessing she is a little bit bigger now then when that photo was taken. Nobody is submitting there fat pics for a newspaper article. Not really sure why Washington Post feels the need to run an article on this piece, two women bitching at each other and the police being called seems like a non issue.

You missed "peace".

Non issue? People on this thread complain about rolling carryon bags or waiting for checked bags. Getting detained by police is a pretty big deal by comparison.

Also we are having a national conversations about white people calling the police on black people for no reason and poor airline customer service.

She wasn't detained by police. She even says in her string of tweets that she asked if she was being detained and she was told no. She admits that the officer spoke to the other woman and to the flight attendant and then came over to talk to her. She admits she was told she wasn't being detained and all the officer did was ask for her ID.

I do think you have to take her story with a little grain of salt when she says that her "saving grace" was that the eyes of other African Americans (the gate attendant, tarmac crew) were on her. In her mind, she would have been killed that night (she alludes to it in another text) if other black people weren't around. She even says the only reason she got home safely was because of "asking the right questions and a woman named Anita (who was the gate attendant). Seeing as how the cops didn't even detain her, I would say thinking you were going to be murdered is a bit of hyperbole.

Her tone makes it clear that there are no white people she thinks are good people, the white woman is bad, the white flight attendant is bad, the white cop is bad. Only black people are good in her mind. That is just as bad an attitude as white people who think only white people are good.

She wasn't detained by police. She even says in her string of tweets that she asked if she was being detained and she was told no. She admits that the officer spoke to the other woman and to the flight attendant and then came over to talk to her. She admits she was told she wasn't being detained and all the officer did was ask for her ID.

I do think you have to take her story with a little grain of salt when she says that her "saving grace" was that the eyes of other African Americans (the gate attendant, tarmac crew) were on her. In her mind, she would have been killed that night (she alludes to it in another text) if other black people weren't around. She even says the only reason she got home safely was because of "asking the right questions and a woman named Anita (who was the gate attendant). Seeing as how the cops didn't even detain her, I would say thinking you were going to be murdered is a bit of hyperbole.

Her tone makes it clear that there are no white people she thinks are good people, the white woman is bad, the white flight attendant is bad, the white cop is bad. Only black people are good in her mind. That is just as bad an attitude as white people who think only white people are good.

:popcorn:

Maybe "detained" wasn't the right word. She was questioned for 30 minutes. That's not reasonable.

And police kill people they don't detain. I don't understand why being detained is a prerequisite to killing.

Look at the Waffle House situation in which a black woman was tackled by police for asking to see a manager when asked to pay for plastic utensils. Why do you assume something like that couldn't have happened to this woman?

Why do you think her "tone" makes it clear she doesn't like all white people? That's as silly as me saying the tone of your post makes it clear you think all black white are angry fat lying bitches.

Maybe "detained" wasn't the right word. She was questioned for 30 minutes. That's not reasonable.

And police kill people they don't detain. I don't understand why being detained is a prerequisite to killing.

Look at the Waffle House situation in which a black woman was tackled by police for asking to see a manager when asked to pay for plastic utensils. Why do you assume something like that couldn't have happened to this woman?

Why do you think her "tone" makes it clear she doesn't like all white people? That's as silly as me saying the tone of your post makes it clear you think all black white are angry fat lying bitches.

Actually, what I think happened here is she got sat next to an unpleasant person, but that she is unpleasant herself. She says as much by saying in her Twitter profile that she is "petty AF." So you have two unpleasant people sitting next to each other getting on to each other's nerves. I think one doesn't necessarily like black people and the other doesn't necessarily like white people. One decides to cry assault and calls the cops. Totally uncalled for. The other very likely cops an attitude and then on social media blows her experience out of proportion. Is 30 minutes unreasonable? Yes, in this situation I think so. But was it questioning for the entire 30 minutes or did it take 20 minutes for the second cop to respond? We don't know, but she doesn't provide any detail as to what happens while waiting for the second cop. She does say the second cop simply spoke to her about the attitude she took with the first cop. So she admits she took an attitude with the first cop, so having the second cop called, and thus having to wait longer for that cop to arrive, is partly her fault.

As for her tone making it clear she doesn't like white people, turn it around. What if a white person were in a predominantly African American area and constantly made comments where everyone was referred to by their color and saying that they only made it out alive because a couple of other white people had "eyes" on them. Wouldn't you think that person was at least slightly racist? I would, because nothing indicates they were ever in any real danger other than them feeling that way. By constantly using white people or black people, its another way of saying "those" people, as in "those" people are out to get me. We have seen many times where members of a different race, mainly minorities, get upset with being referred to as "those" people. She is simply doing the exact same thing by saying "white" people all the time. She even indicates that the only reason she survived is because of "knowing the right questions to ask and (the gate agent)." From her own narrative, the second cop only lectured her on taking an attitude and never got aggressive, but that cop receives no mention as to helping her get out alive. Again, she only mentions black people as the reason she got out alive.

Nothing in her narrative, other than her own suspicion of white people, says she was ever in any danger. She infers she was only safe because other black people were around with "eyes" on her. Thus, she assumes that white people, all white people, are a danger to her. Show me a white person that assumes the same thing about black people and I'm going to tell you they are racisit "AF."

Last edited:
i'm just a guy
sitting in front an awful girl
sitting next to an awful girl
hoping they'd both shut the hell up

ok...i flew Southwest this weekend and on the way home a large woman must have been in the C group boarders. i think everyone noticed and was praying for her to not take the middle seat in their row.

i felt bad for her, but i know everyone thought it.

I just boarded a flight to NYC and there are two really cute chicks in my row. Neither has said a word to me, but I can tell from their body language that they both want to do me, probably at the same time. I’ll have to find out where they’re staying in the city.

I just boarded a flight to NYC and there are two really cute chicks in my row. Neither has said a word to me, but I can tell from their body language that they both want to do me, probably at the same time. I’ll have to find out where they’re staying in the city.

You should probably not touch their arms and start videoing them and then have them detained.

Why wait? Looks like you've got a few hours to kill.

Sat next to a hot girl on the way to Vegas one time. She was on the way to EDC and was dressed to go straight to a show - kinda surprised it's allowed to be that scantily clad on a plane, but I was in favor.

I was on the way to a bachelor party and we got to drink for free all flight after someone's jug of sweet tea in the overhead (wtf) busted during takeoff and spilled on me (awesome flight attendant). Got pretty sauced, but still couldn't work up the courage to make a move during the flight. Exchanged numbers but never saw her again. #coolstoryhansel

Back