• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

taking the kids to Italy for a week and a half this summer; every member of the family will carry on their bag. not checking anything.

Wow. I can't imagine where you'd take the kids if they even came close to making the honor roll...

Don't know about other airlines, but booze is definitely free on Delta international flights, regardless of class.

Depends what you mean by international. Canada, Mexico or the Caribbean definitely do not have free booze in coach on Delta (have done Mexico/Canada in 2018). Now, transcontinental, then yes, you are correct.

The issue with checking bags is not the cost - we get free ones. It is the danger of lost luggage plus the hassle of having to wait for baggage claim.

And I don't think you get free unlimited drinks just because you are flying internationally - do you?

Every international flight I've been on in the past fifteen years you do.

As to the wait at baggage claim internationally, it is often offset by having to go through customs.

That's just not true. Driving an hour to a smaller airport so you can spend more time taking a connecting flight is not a simple solution. And that doesn't even come close to addressing most of commercial aviation's miseries, like getting stuck in coach next to a fat guy.

maybe move out of shitsville so you can actually have some airport options

I generally don't drink on long international flights due to increased jetlag and dehydration.

On the other hand, if I've got a two-hour domestic flight, time to kill at the airport, and Uber waiting for me at my destination, it's partytime.

Global Entry or GTFO

srsly. though sometimes you get through passport control so quickly you end up just waiting a long time for your bag (I mostly just check bags if going on long work trips). although coming back last Friday my bags were some of the first off the belt in Atlanta and no wait at security. thankfully ATL has finally started to allow TSA Precheck at the international arrivals security. They said that was new as of two weeks ago.

I generally don't drink on long international flights due to increased jetlag and dehydration.

On the other hand, if I've got a two-hour domestic flight, time to kill at the airport, and Uber waiting for me at my destination, it's partytime.

Doesn't help you sleep on red eyes? 2-3 drinks are definitely needed to get me to fall asleep in coach/e-comfort, sometimes with medicinal help as well.

What a nightmare for whoever was sitting in front of them. I'd see if my earbuds could go to 11.

Yeah come on lady - the flight is probably what, 90 minutes? Just turn into the aisle more and thank your lucky stars this wasn't across an ocean

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...lying-while-fat-black/?utm_term=.1e1646611421

Big black girl spills over into white woman's seat. They both cop an attitude (my interpretation). White passenger and white flight attendant call cops.

That lady isn't even that big. Has the white lady ever been on a plane before? Seems like there would only be a problem if the white lady was bigger than the black lady.

RDU to DCA is like nothing. That flight was $200 a most. Deal with it.

Seems like it wasn’t a time to play the race card, this was the fat shaming card, outrage level 0, lose a turn.

Who knows ? Might have paid $650 at the last minute. Does price really dictate whether or not you should have access to your seat ? I don't think I'd want to sit next to either of them.

That lady isn't even that big. Has the white lady ever been on a plane before? Seems like there would only be a problem if the white lady was bigger than the black lady.

RDU to DCA is like nothing. That flight was $200 a most. Deal with it.

I guessing she is a little bit bigger now then when that photo was taken. Nobody is submitting there fat pics for a newspaper article. Not really sure why Washington Post feels the need to run an article on this piece, two women bitching at each other and the police being called seems like a non issue.

I guessing she is a little bit bigger now then when that photo was taken. Nobody is submitting there fat pics for a newspaper article. Not really sure why Washington Post feels the need to run an article on this piece, two women bitching at each other and the police being called seems like a non issue.
From Amber's Twitter: "Writer | Digital Media & Organizing Strategist | Black, Feminist, & Petty AF!".

Non issue? People on this thread complain about rolling carryon bags or waiting for checked bags. Getting detained by police is a pretty big deal by comparison.

Also we are having a national conversations about white people calling the police on black people for no reason and poor airline customer service.

Last edited:
Yeah but the real story is just a bitchy woman and a fat slob that got into an altercation, the media cherry on top is that the fat slob is black and therefore fits a narrative to print and get clicks.

Back