• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

Each person gets two free checked bags on overseas flights. What's the problem?

And free, unlimited drinks.

The issue with checking bags is not the cost - we get free ones. It is the danger of lost luggage plus the hassle of having to wait for baggage claim.

And I don't think you get free unlimited drinks just because you are flying internationally - do you?

The issue with checking bags is not the cost - we get free ones. It is the danger of lost luggage plus the hassle of having to wait for baggage claim.

And I don't think you get free unlimited drinks just because you are flying internationally - do you?

Well you don't. But rj does.

Flying out of Atlanta, I virtually never have to connect and it's usually cheaper to fly direct. On the carry on v. checked bags, I used to never check, except for ski trips. I am a convert though. Without connections and with RFID bag tags, I'm not particularly worried about lost bags, and at least in Atlanta, with Sky Priority, my bag almost always arrives at bag claim before I make it there (and you have to walk through there to get to the parking garage or ground transportation). It's really nice not to lug a bag around the airport and not have to worry about finding overhead bin space.

Don't know about other airlines, but booze is definitely free on Delta international flights, regardless of class.

Maybe I don’t fly enough but waiting for checked bags is never that tedious unless I’m flying international. I rarely seem to wait more than like ten minutes for my bag.

You don’t fly enough. British Airways lost both of our bags last year coming from LHR to CLT - took over a week to get them back and it was a fucking pain.

Maybe not on a trip to Mexico, but if you are going to South America, Europe, or Asia you 100% do.

Maybe I don’t fly enough but waiting for checked bags is never that tedious unless I’m flying international. I rarely seem to wait more than like ten minutes for my bag.

Delta is pretty good at getting bags out fast. The rest of the airlines are trash, you can easily wait 30+ min for your bags especially if you were sitting on the front of the plane.

Don't know about other airlines, but booze is definitely free on Delta international flights, regardless of class.

Gotta make those Woodfords doubles first few times because they will run out early leaving you with just Jack.

Huh, it seems less tedious to me when flying international. Bags have always beaten me through immigration.

Delta is pretty good at getting bags out fast. The rest of the airlines are trash, you can easily wait 30+ min for your bags especially if you were sitting on the front of the plane.

Delta has really improved the last few years. Flying into Atlanta, it’s not unusual for my bag to already be in the carasel when I walk into baggage claim.

though you'll have to use connecting flights more frequently use smaller airports and time to baggage becomes less of an issue, plus security is a breeze and parking is cheaper

though you'll have to use connecting flights more frequently use smaller airports and time to baggage becomes less of an issue, plus security is a breeze and parking is cheaper

Great idea. Let's all move to Shitsville and use the local airport.

You don’t fly enough. British Airways lost both of our bags last year coming from LHR to CLT - took over a week to get them back and it was a fucking pain.

poor baby. sorry you were inconvenienced after your elite european vacation.

i'm just responding to all the whining. there are plenty of relatively simply solutions to most of commercial aviation's miseries

That's just not true. Driving an hour to a smaller airport so you can spend more time taking a connecting flight is not a simple solution. And that doesn't even come close to addressing most of commercial aviation's miseries, like getting stuck in coach next to a fat guy.

Huh, it seems less tedious to me when flying international. Bags have always beaten me through immigration.

My most recent “international” trip connected in Montreal and baggage claim/customs was a gigantic shitshow.

Back