• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

Sat next to a hot girl on the way to Vegas one time. She was on the way to EDC and was dressed to go straight to a show - kinda surprised it's allowed to be that scantily clad on a plane, but I was in favor.

I was on the way to a bachelor party and we got to drink for free all flight after someone's jug of sweet tea in the overhead (wtf) busted during takeoff and spilled on me (awesome flight attendant). Got pretty sauced, but still couldn't work up the courage to make a move during the flight. Exchanged numbers but never saw her again. #coolstoryhansel

lulz

i also have a "sat next to a friendly, super hot girl but was a wuss" story

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that 95% of us wake forest message board posters do

I’ve never even really thought about airport lounges so I thought this article was hilarious. So much for trying to get over on the poors.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-airport-lounge-once-a-refuge-is-a-total-zoo-1525106268?mod=e2fb

Dustin Scott didn’t mind a six-hour layover in Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson airport. The 30-year-old was looking forward to using an airport lounge, courtesy of his Sapphire Reserve credit card.

What he envisioned: a quiet space where he could relax and eat free before boarding his flight to Ukraine. What he found: A packed room with no available seats. A buffet with barely any food left. Toilet paper on the bathroom floor.

Airport lounges were once a perk for business travelers and high spenders, a haven from the chaos of modern travel. Then more rewards credit cards started offering lounge access. And what was once an oasis now is more like a mall food court.

Losing that “1%” feeling has been jarring. Grousers say gourmet meals once on offer are now finger foods, and beverages are more likely to be guzzled than sipped. Overcrowding means seats often aren’t available.

We hit up the Centurion Lounge in DFW on a long lay-over a few years ago, and it was pretty nice. Caught the end of the breakfast buffet and then grabbed some lunch later on with multiple cocktails in between. Wasn't too crowded and was able to set up shop in some leather lounge chairs and stream early first round coverage of The Masters. I wasn't really ready to go when it was time to do so (and next stop was Hawaii).

Last edited:
The lounges that credit cards sell suck. The ones that airlines sell are better. The flagship lounges are awesome. We hit the AA Flagship Lounge in JFK last year and it was really nice. The American arrivals lounge at Heathrow was a life changing experience - the huge private bathroom and ability to get a shower and shave was tremendous. After the Haethrow Express I was downtown for meetings by 8 am and I felt well rested and clean.

The lounges that credit cards sell suck. The ones that airlines sell are better. The flagship lounges are awesome. We hit the AA Flagship Lounge in JFK last year and it was really nice. The American arrivals lounge at Heathrow was a life changing experience - the huge private bathroom and ability to get a shower and shave was tremendous. After the Haethrow Express I was downtown for meetings by 8 am and I felt well rested and clean.

ELITE

in most airports they are the same, but yes

I've been to several Centurion Lounges - LGA, Vegas, DFW, and Miami. All are very nice. Delta Sky Clubs have been improving, also. The one in B terminal at ATL and the one at JFK are top notch.

I’ve never even really thought about airport lounges so I thought this article was hilarious. So much for trying to get over on the poors.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-airport-lounge-once-a-refuge-is-a-total-zoo-1525106268?mod=e2fb

Dustin Scott didn’t mind a six-hour layover in Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson airport. The 30-year-old was looking forward to using an airport lounge, courtesy of his Sapphire Reserve credit card.

What he envisioned: a quiet space where he could relax and eat free before boarding his flight to Ukraine. What he found: A packed room with no available seats. A buffet with barely any food left. Toilet paper on the bathroom floor.

Airport lounges were once a perk for business travelers and high spenders, a haven from the chaos of modern travel. Then more rewards credit cards started offering lounge access. And what was once an oasis now is more like a mall food court.

Losing that “1%” feeling has been jarring. Grousers say gourmet meals once on offer are now finger foods, and beverages are more likely to be guzzled than sipped. Overcrowding means seats often aren’t available.

Reminds me of The Last Resort by the Eagles. Call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye.

I don't really understand airline logistics. I flew to and from Columbus, OH on Tuesday, both flights were about 10% full. We land back in Chicago around 10pm, have to wait 15 minutes to get to the gate, even though there are like 20 open gates, and we deplane at the at the furthest end of the terminal.

That girl gets confirmation that her overweight body is smelly and cries about it ?

Before I knew it, I could feel hot, salty tears coming down my face. I sat and cried silently … I was so hurt,” Phillips wrote.

uh huh...girl's been hitting the Fifty Shades books a little hard

Chick is so fat she even makes her tears sound delicious

Back