• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

Just connecting. I actually don’t mind this airport except when I have a super short layover and have to traverse from like A4 to A76 or whatever.

On a Delta flight today, the flight attendant gave everyone in the exit rows a free drink, I think the airline is okay with people having a beer in the exit row.

I can't in good conscience recommend Spirit Airlines - except under unique circumstances. The flights were cheap, sure. But, the planes seem old and devoid of any modern conveniences. And they charge a fortune if you want to take any bags with you. And, I could never successfully check in and pay for the bags on their website so had to call them both times (each way). That was annoying.
If you catch one of their sales and don't need to take a bag - go for it.

Spirits the worst. Once was enough for me, even on a 45 min flight to Vegas.

I flew Spirit last week and it was a pleasant experience.

No amenities, but everything ran well.

Ended up getting delayed in DTW and got stranded in MSP where it was 3 degrees. Now have a middle seat cross country flight. At least it’s an exit row I guess. Living the life!

Detroit airport is nice, if you are in the new Delta terminal.

Spirit sucks, but you get what you pay for - its one of the better low cost airlines. Frontier is ok too. Allegiant is super cheap, but garbage - always delayed.

My sister in the Coast Guard loves Spirit since she can get cheap military tix and they let you carry-on for free. I've never flown them but was looking at them or Allegiant out of AVL if we were to make the OB. Would prob just be for a day and I would just take a backpack.

Ended up getting delayed in DTW and got stranded in MSP where it was 3 degrees. Now have a middle seat cross country flight. At least it’s an exit row I guess. Living the life!

Wait, what? You had to connect in DTW and MSP? For work? How is that possible?

Spirit is just like taking a bus, so if you know what you are getting into and are ok with bus amenities and bus people then fly away.

Wait, what? You had to connect in DTW and MSP? For work? How is that possible?

Flying to a small airport out west that had a single direct from MSP. Only way to make times work was to fly through DTW to MSP from GSO.

Now in SEA with one leg left. Has not been ideal to say the least.

I can't in good conscience recommend Spirit Airlines - except under unique circumstances. The flights were cheap, sure. But, the planes seem old and devoid of any modern conveniences. And they charge a fortune if you want to take any bags with you. And, I could never successfully check in and pay for the bags on their website so had to call them both times (each way). That was annoying.
If you catch one of their sales and don't need to take a bag - go for it.

Spirit is the airline we deserve as a society. It's the absolute bottom of human achievement.

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLnlpbWcuY29tL29zL2NyZWF0ci11cGxvYWRlZC1pbWFnZXMvMjAxOS0xMS9iMmVkOWNjMC0wNTg0LTExZWEtOWJhZS1mOTRjNzQ3Y2RjZDY=

Ryanair, not bad. No issues. In Lisbon, the budget airlines have their own terminal, which is pretty much just an old hangar with a duty free store and a bar. Bare minimum and yet still with the ability to take your money.

Back