• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

1/2 CFB Thread

Is Purdue the only big 10 team with a win? They played Western Michigan who turned it over 6 times, recovered 2 onside kicks in the first half, had a 100 yard kick return for a TD and only won by 5......

I forgot Illinois took it to UCLA.

Oregon's helmets = insane. Where are the new jerseys? They look like they're going with their normal green

Terrible job by Georgia's defensive coordinator on that last drive. Zero qb pressure. Prevent defense. Never sent more than 4 pass rushers. When they did bring a LB, they would drop a D-lineman in zone coverage, which was useless because MSU was not throwing short anyway. I don't really care who wins, but I hate bad coaching.

Why would you go for two? They just failed a couple times at getting in from the 1. UGA has also been winning the LOS battle.

UGA's kicker also hasn't been that great this year, and Michigan St has been outplaying UGA this second half.

Go to OT and win it.

Great drive by MSU. I like OT, so I'm glad they didn't go for it, but if I were coaching I would have gone for it since it's a bowl game.

Why would you go for two? They just failed a couple times at getting in from the 1. UGA has also been winning the LOS battle.

UGA's kicker also hasn't been that great this year, and Michigan St has been outplaying UGA this second half.

Go to OT and win it.

Not a terrible counter-argument. However at the end of the day its just a bowl game. So I'd go for two.

Great drive by MSU. I like OT, so I'm glad they didn't go for it, but if I were coaching I would have gone for it since it's a bowl game.

Don't quite understand this sentiment. Does a bowl game mean more or less than the regular season with this mentality? Why not just do what gives you the best chance of winning the game in every game, unless you have one final trick play you've been saving or something?

So any penalty wouldn't have mattered there? Could you have just knocked a guy out illegally and nothing would have happened? Seems wrong.

That is dumb as all hell. How does a penalty not get carried over to their offensive possession? You can just commit any personal fouls on a change of possession and it wont be enforced.

So any penalty wouldn't have mattered there? Could you have just knocked a guy out illegally and nothing would have happened? Seems wrong.

That does seem odd. Can't the 2nd half begin with a penalty if it happened on the last play of the 1st half? Why not use the same rule in this circumstance?

Back