• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

20 best beers in the world per the experts

i love 21st b/c it comes in a can and is good and widely available.

21st Amendment is awesome. Brew Free or Die Hard, Fireside Chat, even Hell or High Watermelon.

Screw #40. That beer is released every year.

I'd rather go with limited release beers that will never be made again like #22, #26 and all the collaborations.

Alright, recommendation time. I'm heading to a seasonal beer tasting fundraiser tomorrow night (everyone bring a 6 pack of a seasonal beer, you taste it and get to mix n match 4-5 to take home with you). What fall seasonal do y'all like in the sub $12 range?

Alright, recommendation time. I'm heading to a seasonal beer tasting fundraiser tomorrow night (everyone bring a 6 pack of a seasonal beer, you taste it and get to mix n match 4-5 to take home with you). What fall seasonal do y'all like in the sub $12 range?

It's going to be 90% pumpkin ales and oktoberfests, obviously. Wish i could come up with something seasonal outside of those, but it's not happening. I remember liking Paulaner Oktoberfest a lot back in the day, so maybe that?

I love a Radler on a summer day. I also love that they are called Radlers because they needed something for cross country bicyclists to drink in Germany and half beer half lemonade was the solution. Just lemonade or water? Nope. Put beer in it.

I should add that the fresh mixed German beer and German style lemonade is way better than the shandys you get in our stores.

Man I miss Germany.

Last edited:
Still got 4 KBS's stashed in the back of my fridge for a special occasion. I've been fighting temptation every night not to break into them.

Beer experts - what shouldn't I miss from this list?

59vo14.jpg

29lbdc5.jpg

14 and 40 if you are into dark beers. Those are some wicked good beers. 22 is dope as well. Can't go wrong with anything of those.

Last edited:
Craft Beers are slowly taking more and more of the national market share, and IPAs seem to be doing most of that work. The reason that there are so many IPAs is because so many of them sell, basically.

Brilliant economic analysis

Kinda shocked by this list - Westvleteren 12 is awesome and super rare, but I don't think it is #1. KBS and the Goose Bourbon Stout are great. Never had anything from Alesmith, Three Floyds or Hair of the Dog - will have to find those.

I had Stone's 17th Anniversary DIPA last night and I like that better than the Stout - probably a couple Stone better, oak aged Arrogant Bastard is awesome too.

Really? I've never had a Russian River beer, but have had a few others on that list, and Westvleteren XII was by far the best beer I've ever had.

Funny story - I had already had Westvleteren XII when they released a limited one-time batch to the US so that they could fix their abby's roof. I told my buddies (deacphan, cheese and rj=mj included) that I'd pick up a 6-pack at a place right by my apartment, and bring it down to DC so that they could have their taste too.

I got to the beer store early and got in line. There were 14 boxes at the store, and I was 15th in line. Still haven't heard the end of it.

Really? I've never had a Russian River beer, but have had a few others on that list, and Westvleteren XII was by far the best beer I've ever had.

Funny story - I had already had Westvleteren XII when they released a limited one-time batch to the US so that they could fix their abby's roof. I told my buddies (deacphan, cheese and rj=mj included) that I'd pick up a 6-pack at a place right by my apartment, and bring it down to DC so that they could have their taste too.

I got to the beer store early and got in line. There were 14 boxes at the store, and I was 15th in line. Still haven't heard the end of it.

Oh, I think its great - but I think the rareness of it got it to #1. I have never actually seen it in a store - the only time I have tried it was because a dude I work with gets it from a friend of his that is a private pilot and brings back cases of it.

That's one of the reasons, but the other reason is that IPAs are the cheapest to make. (They are the cash cow of every brewery)
They keep the longest (as their original purpose was to survive the trip fro England to India via boat without going stale) so micro brews can brew a bunch at once and then sell it as the sales come, whereas with other beers more of an expiration date and can't be brewed in batches that are as large because they will go stale

It's actually the opposite. IPAs have the shortest shelf life of any style (and I mean shelf life in terms of flavor/aroma, not actual spoilage) due to the oxidation and volatile nature of hop compounds. Additionally hops are the most expensive ingredients in beer as they are prone to shortages and cannot be reused like yeast.

Happy to see Lagunitas expanding - just got a case of the Lil Sumpin Sumpin last night for $42 - its not super easy to find anything more than just their IPA, and I really like their WTF and the Hop Stoopid, but they are impossible to find here outside of random bars getting kegs

All of Lagunitas beers sit on shelves here in Texas.

Last edited:
Happy to see Lagunitas expanding - just got a case of the Lil Sumpin Sumpin last night for $42 - its not super easy to find anything more than just their IPA, and I really like their WTF and the Hop Stoopid, but they are impossible to find here outside of random bars getting kegs

pretty easy to find on the BEST COAST.

got my snallygaster t on from last year right now.

i know of an easy way to resolve this...

Back