• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2011 Atlanta Braves Thread: Go Braves!!!

Braves are sucking hard right now. Beachy might trust his stuff a little too much, waaaaaay too many balls over the plate.

As long as they are within 5 games back on Memorial Day, I'll be content and patient.

Eventually the Phills will come back down to Earf, if they never do, there's always the Wild Card.

Will have to start winning series, good place to start is this weekend vs. the crappy Mets.

Hooray for DJ Carrasco.

from espn:
Carrasco has started just once in 212 appearances over four seasons. That came with the Chicago White Sox on July 31, 2009, when the right-hander allowed five runs and nine hits in four innings of a 10-5 win over the New York Yankees.

As long as they are within 5 games back on Memorial Day, I'll be content and patient.

Eventually the Phills will come back down to Earf, if they never do, there's always the Wild Card.

Will have to start winning series, good place to start is this weekend vs. the crappy Mets.

WTF, Go is being the rational, patient Braves fan? When did this happen?

I really wish the Braves would stop giving up 1st inning runs. So far they've given up 1st inning runs in 7 of 12 games. That seems ridiculously high.

Braves just need to get some momentum going, and they will be fun. Let's get it started with a twin killing of the Mutts today...

WTF, Go is being the rational, patient Braves fan? When did this happen?

I'm rational and patient when it makes sense.

Other times I'm the realist Braves fan, I told everyone we had no chance when Chip got hurt last season and dammed if I wasn't exactly right.

I didn't realize this but good job by the Braves here:

By exercising their rights as the home team, the Atlanta Braves forced the Mets to play a second doubleheader in three days Saturday. Obviously, the Braves benefit from the Mets now needing two spot starters in the series, which presumably wouldn't be the case if the makeup was during one of the Mets' other two visits to Atlanta.

McClouth with one of the dumber plays of the year

another hr by alex. 3 of 4 hits for the braves have been solo shots to the same area.

is the game televised in ws?

another solo hr by freeman. strange scoreline for the braves. 4 of 6 hits are homers.

it's a win though. let's go boys, pick up two today.

homer in the first game makes 45 career against the mets for chipper. ties him with hank aaron for 4th all time vs nym. wonder if freddie will sit him for game two?

Does anybody else get aroused every time Kimbrel comes in to pitch? His stuff is ridiculous. And it was great to see Jurrjens dealing tonight, it'll be huge for the team if he can return to his 2009 form.

Like what I saw from Jurrjens last night. Hoping we can get the sweep this afternoon.

With Chipper and McLouth off today, Heywards batting second, McCann 3rd, Uggla 4th, followed by hinske, Freeman, Gonz, and Young.

Back