• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2012 FOOTBALL RECRUITING MEGA THREAD

For those of us that are less informed, who are the visitors this weekend?

Last edited:
Quinshad Davis is one that is suppose to be here this weekend with one of our TE commits Anthony Rook. I though Jela Duncan was this weekend but it looks like he was last weekend

Quinshad Davis is one that is suppose to be here this weekend with one of our TE commits Anthony Rook. I though Jela Duncan was this weekend but it looks like he was last weekend

Duncan has not visited Wake, and it is not looking like he will at this moment.

Duncan is not good news. We are very thin and inexperienced at RB.

If you look at the 40 times for Duncan they aren't that great. Grobe and Mitchell like really fast tailbacks and that may be issue for Duncan.

If you trust 40 times. Harris, Reynolds, Wilhite, all have speed- all have past injury probems in college or HS, only Harris has experience; Martin a bigger, power back? Duncan would seem to be a Pendergrass kind of back. Our staff loved him and rightly so. If you do not have at least 3 backs you are not afraid to play, you are thin ice. With Lobo we cant seem to run anyway, so maybe it does matter who carries from the gun on 4th and an inch. ;) We could use another RB.

Really hope we end this wknd with a committment from Q. Davis. Would be a huge pick up for the Deacs.

40 time is overrated for college backs especially. I certainly wouldn't mind having UVA's Kevin Parks or Rutger's Jawan Jamison right now to add quality depth. Both are guys who would have come to Wake if we would have taken them.

6-foot-5, 280-pound offensive tackle Robert Conyers (Miami, Fla./Braddock) committed to new head coach Hugh Freeze and Ole Miss on Saturday, multiple sources report.

ESPNHS reported last month that Conyers was seriously considering Duke, Ole Miss, South Florida and WAKE FOREST with Florida International also in the mix.

40 time is overrated for college backs especially. I certainly wouldn't mind having UVA's Kevin Parks or Rutger's Jawan Jamison right now to add quality depth. Both are guys who would have come to Wake if we would have taken them.

Agree 100%. I have no idea what this staff has against backs that run it north south between the tackles. I am still pissed that they let Parks get away seeing how hard that guy plays.

Agree 100%. I have no idea what this staff has against backs that run it north south between the tackles. I am still pissed that they let Parks get away seeing how hard that guy plays.

Agreed. Especially given the health issues that the smaller, quicker backs have had for WF. I'm interested in seeing the bigger back that the coaches picked up and are redshirting last season. Hope he stays at RB and they don't put a ton of weight on him and turn him into a FB.

Hasn't Parks already had an incident with the law? Or am I thinking of someone else we missed on?

Dude can ball, Aminu got arrested in high school too. We didn't pass on him due to that, we passed because his brother wasn't Chris Givens and now they are both gone and UVA has a quality back for a few more years.

Last edited:
I don't pretend to know our inner circle's approach to the 2010 recruiting class but we took an early verbal from Knott and then continued recruiting bigger North-South running backs. Maybe we didn't think he was good enough or we liked others more and were willing to gamble.

Saw Quinshad was on the Parade All-American Team. Congrats to him.

Knoxville paper had a big print article on Quinshad yesterday (online costs to see?) metions our visit, UNC-CH on the 20th, UT Jan 27th and he might go to Carilina as Spurrier has called but he "might go down" just to see a basketball game".

"Lonnie Galloway WF WR coach and passing game coordinator went to see Davis Fri night at a BB game. Wake has always been there and Coach Galloway is a cool guy. I really like being around them". NC: I want to go there (visit) because its a great school and i want to check out the scenery...." TN: Ilike them because they are in a good conferenceand they are one of the best in the conference" (?, yes he said that, could not have meant it)

BTW the paper had a full page of recruting news- the WS Urinal sucks so very much. Trees dying for nothing.

If you look at the 40 times for Duncan they aren't that great. Grobe and Mitchell like really fast tailbacks and that may be issue for Duncan.

depends on which 40 time you believe. Duncan has a 4.5 listed on one site and a much slower time on another. Gotta believe he's much closer to the faster time........he's a player

Fabian Moreau to UCLA. Says Wake was second choice. Always a bridesmaid.

Not counting keeping Suggs in the fold which is huge (pun intended) and an assumption, I guess we whiffed with our visitors this weekend.

Back