• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2012 FOOTBALL RECRUITING MEGA THREAD

Not really related to our recruiting but Tosh Lupoi just got hired away from Cal. This will shake the Pac 12 to it's core in recruiting. Cal just landed all those 5 star guys during the Army All American bowl too.

If a story hasn't broken the Monday after a visit by 3PM on a federal Holiday then you know we whiffed.

Maybe. I guess i am just used to different coverage. Here in Knoxville there is a commitment story in the paper. Did not realize there is a delay in W-S so everyone can enjoy the Federal holiday, My bad.

WFU recruiting doesn't engender the same degree of following that UT recruiting does.

I don't think whiffed is a fair term even if the coaches received no verbals over the weekend.

I never expected Quinshad to commit till he has taken all of his visits, if that is who you guys are referring to in whiffing. Not sure what to make of the Suggs comment.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20120116/PSPORTS02/120119748/-1/PSPORTS

WR Quinshad Davis of Gaffney took his official visit to Wake Forest over the weekend but remains silent. "He told me he had a good time," his coach Dan Jones said. "I haven't talked to him yet because I was out of town. I just texted him and he said it went well." Davis will visit North Carolina next and then Tennessee after that. "I don't really know what school he is favoring," admitted Jones. "He doesn't really talk about it much. I don't ask him either because I don't want to press him. He has a lot of good schools to choose from and he'll pick one on signing day." Jones is unsure if Davis will take an official visit to USC. "They have been one of his favorite schools and he has already visited them like four times," Jones said. "They definitely have a chance with him." Jones also nixed the possibility that the offer from USC is a greyshirt offer. "That would end it right there," he said. "With the offers he has, I don't think he would entertain a greyshirt option. From what I am told, they offered him a scholarship."

Quinshad didn't visit during the Wake-State game, did he? Dear God, I hope not.

Michael Flint is a 4* OL on ESPN. He decommitted from Auburn and has offers from just about every major program. According to ESPN he might visit Wake this weekend and is down to two schools...Wake and Arkansas State.

I just googled him and expected to see he had lost a limb or something but looks good. He could be the next Joe Looney and start as a true frosh so maybe he sees the opportunity.

Michael Flint is a 4* OL on ESPN. He decommitted from Auburn and has offers from just about every major program. According to ESPN he might visit Wake this weekend and is down to two schools...Wake and Arkansas State.

That is a weird combo. Not sure why it would come down to Arkansas State, considering how many big time offers he has. Anyway, I hope we get him.

Here's the link from tos........6' 4" 300 lbs, Honorable mention All State in Alabama. Looks to be a good blocker. 3*.
Also strong (benches 435), smart (3.7 gpa) and has a very impressive offer list.
Sounds like he'd be a great addition to our OLine

http://wakeforest.scout.com/a.z?s=192&p=8&c=1&nid=4796425

Last edited:
Back