• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2012 FOOTBALL RECRUITING MEGA THREAD

I assume all you football recruiting junkies are aware that this is a HUGE weekend coming up with at least 8 recruits visiting........5 are already committed and 3 will hopefully commit this weekend.
Hope it's a great few days for our recruits and their families. Also hoping for lots of good news in the next few days.
Go Deacs.

http://wakeforest.scout.com/a.z?s=192&p=9&c=6&yr=2012

We have his final official, though. We need Galloway to come through for us.

What does he like about ECU based on what you've read? Just look at our depth chart, kid.

What does he like about ECU based on what you've read? Just look at our depth chart, kid.

.......and Winston-Salem is SOOO much closer to Charlotte than Greenville.

For his family it's just a quick drive up the interstate, watch Wake win and Jela score, celebrate with fans and team, then a quick drive back home.
a Great day.

If I missed it, sue me. But Lectro, whats your take on Jela? some say he is a 4.8 speed, some say he is 4.5. Power? Speed back? etc

Looks like we have a visit from a nice mlb next week as well. Another Texas kid.

Have we heard anything about Wiggins is he coming back? He was practicing with the first and second teams during the summer and looked pretty good.

Hope resonates well as we wind down our recruiting.

If I missed it, sue me. But Lectro, whats your take on Jela? some say he is a 4.8 speed, some say he is 4.5. Power? Speed back? etc

From the film I've seen he doesn't appear to lack speed. He is quick off his marks and has excellent hip and lateral quicks yet runs with some power. He is 3 inches taller than Pendergrass.

I guage what a back can do (speed wise) in the first 5-10 yards and Jela has excellent burst. He is not a top-end speedster but he can gash you.

The most notable 40 time is Emmitt Smith's 4.65. He never ran faster "for a clock" but when the lights came on and the adrenaline flowed...

Garrett Hope is from my hometown high school. The Woodlands High School is a very "Wake Forest" kind of place, just like Austin Westlake (home of Tanner Price). It's a large, wealthy Houston suburb.

From the film I've seen he doesn't appear to lack speed. He is quick off his marks and has excellent hip and lateral quicks yet runs with some power. He is 3 inches taller than Pendergrass.

I guage what a back can do (speed wise) in the first 5-10 yards and Jela has excellent burst. He is not a top-end speedster but he can gash you.

The most notable 40 time is Emmitt Smith's 4.65. He never ran faster "for a clock" but when the lights came on and the adrenaline flowed...

both are listed at 5' 9" Is Jela significantly taller? I'm thinking they are both about the same height, but BP is 10-15 lbs heavier. Also thinkiing they are similar regarding quickness and speed

both are listed at 5' 9" Is Jela significantly taller? I'm thinking they are both about the same height, but BP is 10-15 lbs heavier. Also thinkiing they are similar regarding quickness and speed

Regarding speed and quicks I agree...but Brandon is maybe 5 foot 7...probably 5'6 without his cleats. Orville is that height but he's as fast as Jacquiz Rodgers. Jela is close to 5'10...at least from what was reported to me from the Shrine Bowl.

Garrett Hope is from my hometown high school. The Woodlands High School is a very "Wake Forest" kind of place, just like Austin Westlake (home of Tanner Price). It's a large, wealthy Houston suburb.

This guy is an athlete...I'm reminded of Mickey Thompson's comments on Mike Olson "he's a freak". But this guy looks like Mike when Olson was a RS Frosh. At the same age Mike was 190 pounds. Garrett was the instrumental piece in shutting down the explosive Hightower team led by 4 star ath Bralon Addison. Kind of reminded me of Mike and Zach Thompson dominating Tahj Boyd in the state championship game.

Back to Garrett...he looks like a fast rising commodity and West Virginia stands in the way as well as Arkansas and TCU getting into the mix.

Back