• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2012 FOOTBALL RECRUITING MEGA THREAD

Just saw on TOS that Garrett Hope, the MLB from Texas just committed to WVU.
He's visiting WVU this weekend and has a visit schedule to Wake next weekend.
Hopefully, he'll still do his visit next week and see the light. Still almost 2 weeks until signing day.............it ain't over til it's over.

Damn. No doubt WVU moving to the Big XII is important for him, since his family will be able to see them all the time.

Rivals bumped Deac-to-be CB James Ward up to a 3 star FWIW.

Teddy Matthews on board

Chris Nee of Rivals reports the LB Teddy Matthews of Royal Palm Beach HS has committed to us on his official visit this weekend. He's 6' 3" 220 and room to grow.

Sounds like Michael Flint cancelled his Wake visit and went to Arkansas State instead this weekend and committed there.

has anyone heard whether Wiggins is coming back or not?

Sounds like Michael Flint cancelled his Wake visit and went to Arkansas State instead this weekend and committed there.

Looks that way. Flint is an Alabama boy and the new coach at Ark State is Gus Malzahn, ex OC at Auburn. Assume they had a relationship for a while. (Michael Dyer, the Auburn running back who was suspended for the bowl game also just transferred to Ark State.........obviously following Malzahn)

All that being said, with limited scholarships remaining, Flint was not one of our top priorities. We need to make sure we get commits from some of the other recruits visiting during the past 2 weeks.
Still on track for this to be a super class.

Nice. Another LB was a "need" priority for our last couple scholarships. Now a running back (Jela) and some help on the defensive line (Rankins?) would be perfect.

Obviously Quinshad too if he wants to commit to us, but WR isn't as much of a need as the other positions imo.

I think Matthews is from the same high school as Pendergrass. Looks big and fast. Is Wiggins back or is he gone for good? Really seemed like Wiggins had a lot of potential.

It doesn't look good. He is no longer in the student directory on WIN. Besides that I know nothing but I'm guessing since he isn't a student anymore that he is gone.

Grades?
Regardless of the reason, if he's gone, we need another RB in this class.
Paging Jela

Our Texas recruits seem to have a low ceiling for making it at Wake, Wiggins, Knott, Smith, and Givens although for a positive reason even if he had grade issues or quit going to class. I am sure someone can research all of them but on the surface the transition to Wake seems to be tough for our Texicans. The Price is right on Texas guys of course.

Back