• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2012 FOOTBALL RECRUITING MEGA THREAD

Short blurb from ESPN (pay wall) about 3* QB Steve Donatell, who visited this week:

Three-star quarterback Steve Donatell (Highlands Ranch, Colo.) said he is down to two schools and will announce his college decision on Monday.

Donatell said he will choose between offers from Nebraska and Wake Forest. He visited Wake Forest this past weekend and said he plans on speaking with coaches from both schools Monday.

“It [the Wake Forest visit] went real well, Donatell said. “I got to see more of the campus and be around more of the players. I’m going to call up the coaches and let them know what I’m going to do.”

Just a hunch, but I think we pick up a commitment from Donatell this evening or tomorrow.

And this ESPN article (pay wall) about Jela Duncan's visit to Duke makes Wake sound as though it clearly trails UNC and Duke for him.

Duncan will take an official visit to Wake Forest this weekend after his unofficial visit to North Carolina. He said he considered swapping the trip to Wake with a visit to UNC to meet the Tar Heels' new coaching staff.

"I'm going to stick to my word," Duncan said.

Do we want him to stay at QB?

I don't have the article at my fingertips, but I read recently that he said he could play another position, and listed several..........WR, TE, LB, DB.
He's obviously a pretty good all round athlete and it's good that he seems willing to play wherever he can help the most.
(would like to see him as a reciever that can throw a pass when necessary............a la Nate Morton)

Last edited:
I don't have the article at my fingertips, but I read recently that he said he could play another position, a listed several..........WR, TE, LB, DB.
He's obviously a pretty good all round athlete and it's good that he seems willing to play wherever he can help the most.
(would like to see him as a reciever that can throw a pass when necessary............a la Nate Morton)

Camp 2.0

Donatell is a Matt Jones (fmr Arkansas QB/Ath) styled ballplayer. Probably a 4 star had he concentrated on WR. Legit 4.5 speed and good body control/excellent hands on a 6'5-200 pound frame.

Welcome to Wake!

1823227-600full_donatello_large.jpg

Back