• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2012 FOOTBALL RECRUITING MEGA THREAD

"Michael Flint (Oxford, Ala./Oxford) says he has things narrowed down to a pair of schools. This four-star offensive guard prospect likes Wake Forest and Arkansas State.

“Right now I have it narrowed down to Wake Forest and Arkansas State,” said Flint via text. “Nothing is for sure yet, and I am still trying to figure out where I’m going to go. If everything goes as planned, I’ll be taking an official visit to Wake this coming weekend.”

Flint, 6-foot-3 and 305-pounds, is the nation’s No. 12 offensive guard prospect and the No. 14-rated recruit from the state of Alabama. "

"Michael Flint (Oxford, Ala./Oxford) says he has things narrowed down to a pair of schools. This four-star offensive guard prospect likes Wake Forest and Arkansas State.

“Right now I have it narrowed down to Wake Forest and Arkansas State,” said Flint via text. “Nothing is for sure yet, and I am still trying to figure out where I’m going to go. If everything goes as planned, I’ll be taking an official visit to Wake this coming weekend.”

Flint, 6-foot-3 and 305-pounds, is the nation’s No. 12 offensive guard prospect and the No. 14-rated recruit from the state of Alabama. "

Had offers from Alabama, Notre Dame, etc.,

My son, who is a Sophomore at Reagan just informed me that one of the nation's top ranked rising Junior quarterbacks just move here from San Diego and will be playing for Reagan next year. Anybody heard about this? The information could simply be high school rumor but it is interesting and, if true, he's in Wake's back yard.

Ever get that validated? If so that's sweet.

Not to rain on everyone's parade, but here is an interesting thread on Flint. There seems to be some concern with his knees and weight issues. According to the thread, schools were pulling their offers due to these concerns.

If he could get his weight under control, seems like he could be a great guard though.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-recruiting/100413-12-al-ol-michael-flint-6.html

He'd be a perfect fit for us. Redshirt him freshman year, get the weight under control and he'd be ready to go starting his RS Frosh year.

I would think with our young OL and our commitments this year, we would not take him if we thought there were real issues. At least I hope not. You can always use quality players, but OL does not appear to be a position of desparation for us. Be interesting to see who we wind up with for our last few spots.

Looks like Rankins is down to us and Louisville.

Great. He's already done his Louisville visit and he comes to Wake this weekend. Hope it's a great visit.
Would really, really love for him to be a Deacon.

......and Winston-Salem is a lot closer to Covington, GA than Louisville.

Last edited:
Looks like Scout has recently adjusted the * ratings of 2012 recruits/commits.
It's a mixed bag for our guys........some went up, some went down. Not sure why.

Looks like we are sitting on 16 commitments at the moment. Does anyone know how many more we can actually take? Looks like a pretty full class already by Grobe standards with the redshirting and all.

Usually, someone is pretty good about tracking scholarship players by eligibility. Does anyone have that spreadsheet handy or care to make one? We know of one underclassmen who is gone. Are there any obvious redshirt junior candidates to move on? We don't need to mention names.

Givens leaving early.
Knott and Mosby left mid-season
plus a few RS Jrs that may graduate and not come back

I don't know the total number, but I'm guessing this class will be around 20

Back