• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 Atlanta Braves NL East Champs OFFSEASON: Cobb County Stadium? What?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news for Atlanta sports fans: The Falcons will not let you down by losing in the opening round of the playoffs this year.

I know we got beat pretty good in 2 of the 3 LA wins but relievers pitched almost half our innings in a 5 games series with 2 off days and Kimbrel made one appearance.

I'm not a huge fan of guys who take this approach at the plate:

ilFLbg.gif

lol...what the hell is that? It is almost like he was planning on pulling a bunt down the line but changed his mind at the last minute. Perhaps the 3rd baseman was 2 feet away from him and he thought about slapping it past him???

He tries to get a running start to first and pound a chopper to the left side of the infield.

It does suck how in their last game as Braves and in the postseason, Chipper and McCann came up so little.

Okay when do we start rosterbating?

Who are potential targets for 2B? I've got to think Uggla has played his last game for the Braves, even if Atlanta has to eat his entire salary.

Otherwise, it seems the offseason intrigue will mostly likely be seeing who can get right/get healthy for next season -- Beachy, BJ Upton, Venters; and also whether they can lock up any of the young guys long term.

I'm assuming McCann, EOF and Hudson won't be back, although it wouldn't surprise me to see Hudson back on a modest deal to finish out his career.

Did Uggla go off the juice? Is that the reason for his decline? Any chance Chipper comes back to manage?

heh, my phone just rang and reminded me that my ring tone since April has been De La Soul's "Fanatic of the B Word."

guess I should change that.

Lack of a dominant ace and a lineup with a poor batting average designed to win with the long ball won't win in the post season. The pitching staff will improve with time, especially if we can get our pen back from injuries. But we need some average hitters desperately. Uggla and BJ gotta go.

Hudson would have definitely helped with the pitching staff this fall, but he's not getting any younger.

The team is not constructed for postseason baseball and is not managed for postseason baseball and thus routinely fails in postseason baseball.

The new "book" says you expand the role of an elite closer in the postseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back