• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 NASCAR Thread - Fights, Stretchers, Wreckers, and Checkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was before my time. What did Martin do in his younger days? All you seem to hear about is the Waltrip/Earnhardt fued.

I don't remember specific incidents and only followed NASCAR casually back then. This was my youth/teenage years (damn I feel old). I do remember Martin being kind of brash and unapologetic. He tended to rub people the wrong way. Some of the older NASCAR fans I've chatted with kind of confirm the feeling.

Harvick setting bridges at RCR on fire after the truck race at Martinsville:

"The 3 (Dillon) just dumped me," said Harvick, who will drive for Stewart-Haas Racing next year. "Exactly the reason why I'm leaving RCR because you've got those kids coming up and they've got no respect for what they do in this sport and they've had everything fed to them with a spoon. So, I cut him slack all day and, you know, he just dive-bombs me in there, dumps me. I've got to thank all these Anderson Syrup guys for everything that they do. It's a shame you've got to get taken out by some rich kid like that."

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/tr...comes-first-black-driver-win-nascar-race-1963

Congratulations to Darrell Wallace, Jr. on his win. Hopefully many more will follow.

The last 25 laps of that race were great. I can't imagine Papa Childress will be happy with the outcome at all.

I LOL at the fact that NASCAR has a black dude named bubba.

I like him btw.

Harvick got tired of the nepotism just like Sadler did when he bolted from RCR.

Great race today, despite an abundance of caution flags. Helluva battle between Gordon and Kenseth at the end. I enjoyed watching someone not named Jimmie Johnson win at Martinsville for a change.

Decent run by Junior to finish 8th.

If you were on the outside during a restart today, you were almost guaranteed to lose 3-5 positions before you could find space to get back on the inside to start working to get that track position back.

Three races left and a dead tie for the lead. Who ya got? Johnson or Kenseth? Gordon and even Harvick now lurking but probably have too much ground to gain this late, barring a complete collapse of both leaders.

In the Homestead race, I'd like to see Biff spin JJ into Kenseth and knock both of those cars out of contention entirely. Then I would like to see Harvick in position to win it all until one of the privileged Dillon kids takes him out late in the running. Gordon wins the championship with a 6th place run at Homestead.

In the Homestead race, I'd like to see Biff spin JJ into Kenseth and knock both of those cars out of contention entirely. Then I would like to see Harvick in position to win it all until one of the privileged Dillon kids takes him out late in the running. Gordon wins the championship with a 6th place run at Homestead.

Awesome scenario. Would like.

The season is ending in a very interesting manner, with bad blood between lots of folks. I was surprised that Kyle Busch finished the race on Sunday without being wrecked by Keselowski. They were never racing in close proximity to one another at any point in the race for that to happen.

Awesome scenario. Would like.

The season is ending in a very interesting manner, with bad blood between lots of folks. I was surprised that Kyle Busch finished the race on Sunday without being wrecked by Keselowski. They were never racing in close proximity to one another at any point in the race for that to happen.

Kes use to dump people early in his career (always deserving), but I think now he just likes getting in their heads.

The feud with KyBu goes back a while. By far my favorite Kes v KyBu memory:

Kes use to dump people early in his career (always deserving), but I think now he just likes getting in their heads.

The feud with KyBu goes back a while. By far my favorite Kes v KyBu memory:

That was awesome to see in person. He gained a lot of fans for that weekend with his comment.

I enjoyed this compilation of Kyle Busch's finest performances.

My 7 year old son (who goes to all of the races with me) is a huge Kyle Busch fan. I really don't know what to make of that.

That was awesome to see in person. He gained a lot of fans for that weekend with his comment.

No doubt Kes knows how to engage the fans as well as anyone in the sport. Even if you don't like him, you have to appreciate his candor and his hold nothing back approach. Also, my hat is off to anyone that gets drunk on national TV and puts down one of those gigantic beer glasses.

Let me guess, Kes is just a corporate driver and Junior is nothing but...???

i actually like the Polish Rocket a lot. but that story was not that great. Jrs stories could fill 10 books and they would be a best seller / blockbuster movies.

The point wasn't about whether the story was good or not. It was just Kes being drunk and trying to tell a story.

rich kid says stuff (Austin Dillon on Harvick)

http://thatsracinluckydog.blogspot.com/2013/10/austin-dillon-on-last-weekends.html

before you make any Jr comparisons its totally different. Senior made June bug make his own way on talent, this Childress kid has been handed everything. but I don't really hate them. They live near Winston and this one went to high point u for a while and I shot guns with him at his grandaddys place once. kid should take a lesson from junior and also from polish rocket or Busch. Be old school. Talk trash. Dump harvick in the wall ASAP next year and stand up for yourself. win fans. help the sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back