• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 US NEWS COLLEGE RANKINGS- ACC

What again causes this ginormous difference between our perceived quality of education and our ranking? Is there a quality of education rank?

I remember when people cried and neg-repped me like mad for saying Wake was essentially 27th on the list....

Obviously it doesn't mean anything, but we're the top conference, right? Figure only the PAC and B1G would be close...think last time I looked, the PAC would beat us if not for the Arizona schools...

Uh....you mean outside of the IVY LEAGUE?

Clempsun strikes again.

I can't believe people care about this list.

If you say its a top 25 school, that sounds legit. You can't go top 30 since that's like saying I was an honorable mention to make the All-Star team, and top 50 just isn't impressive. Wake isn't known enough to be dropping.

When I used to follow this stuff more closely, the factor that kept us from being ranked higher was always 'academic reputation among other institutions' - or something like that... I never understood it but it was like we weren't well known enough...?

If you say its a top 25 school, that sounds legit. You can't go top 30 since that's like saying I was an honorable mention to make the All-Star team, and top 50 just isn't impressive. Wake isn't known enough to be dropping.

jesus, do you honestly tell people you went to a usn&r top 25 undergrad?

I know I have in my life, don't remember doing it in like say the last year or anything or what the context was. Everyone in my professional life knows what it is, and its not a line I'm using at bars or anything.

Me: I went to wake forest
Them: never heard of it, is it a good school
Me: Its in the top 25.

Fairly sure I've had the above conversation on more than one occassion in my life.

Last edited:
I worked w/ an obnoxious Georgia grad who I had to show the US News rankings so he'd shut up about his fabulous education at Georgia.

I mean seriously, at least back in the day, the hardest paper they had to write in Athens was like a 5 to 7 pager. I think I wrote a 5 page paper every week at Wake, typically had a big 15 - 20 pager plus the 30 pager at the end of the semester too.

I know I have in my life, don't remember doing it in like say the last year or anything or what the context was. Everyone in my professional life knows what it is, and its not a line I'm using at bars or anything.

Me: I went to wake forest
Them: never heard of it, is it a good school
Me: Its in the top 25.

Fairly sure I've had the above conversation on more than one occassion in my life.

Your response should be "yeah, it's in Chicago," then they'll know what you're talking about.

Back