• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2014 MLS Thread

Dempsey with a 2nd, though it would be an own goal in any other league.

Actually they do rule it an own goal. Weird, as last year the rule said any attempt on goal that was deflected in counts as a goal not an own goal.

How are you defining "attempt on goal"? Dempsey's shot was going wide

How are you defining "attempt on goal"? Dempsey's shot was going wide

Last year it didn't matter if the attempt was actually going on goal. Any shot would have been credited as a goal as opposed to an own goal. I'll see if I can find the MLS ruling. Seems they must have changed it this season though.

I found what I remembered reading, but I don't remember where it came from. It sounded too weird to be true, but I was shown MLS examples that clearly went against the standard 'Own Goal' definition.

SJeYHGb.jpg

Wondo is the man, I really hope that guy is on the plane to Brazil

Maybe the wrong thread for this but do you honestly see him scoring a goal against any team in our group? It's just too far out his depth imo.

Maybe the wrong thread for this but do you honestly see him scoring a goal against any team in our group? It's just too far out his depth imo.

Not a chance, but I don't think EJ does anything either. Only guy other than Jozy, AJ, and Deuce that I could see making an impact at the fwd position is Agudelo but he's not going to Brazil. The 4th fwd will not play, IMO.

Right. [insert 4th forward here] won't score in Brazil because he won't be on the field long enough.

Except that if JK takes EJ, he's always an option to bring in as a winger, which is how JK used him most of the time in qualifiers.

Can anybody teach me Spanish real quick so I can watch Houston/Portland on TV in North Carolina? Thanks in advance.

Bunbury netted the winner for the revs against SKC last night. Also heard that Lee Nguyen(sp?) outplayed Benny and Zusi. When do you think he gets a real look with the NT, husky?

He won't. Good ball skills, but not quick enough on the next level, and he's already in his late 20s. Maybe a January camp.

Anyone notice how the greatest American manager to ever exist Caleb Porter is still winless?

Back