• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 Basketball Coaching Carousel (Bo Ryan to retire in 2016)

I couldnt agree more. I think VCU has reached their ceiling. Yes they will compete for the conference title every year and reach the dance, but another final four run is a stretch. I've also heard he is very interested in the 'Bama, job but that would be stupid to follow in your predecessors path IMO.

He's lost some of his attractiveness IMO. If their top 3 is Shaka, Marshall, Archie...then I think Shaka is a clear third.

I feel like Marshall gets it. He comes in with the chip on his shoulder of the whole KU dissing WSU all the time (yes I know they beat him in the tournament) but now he gets a shot at them twice a year at a power school. Would add fire back into that rivalry in a heartbeat.

I'll be very surprised if either Marshall or Smart isn't the next Texas coach.

If my 2nd college love (UT) gets my top coach (non-soccer) love, Shaka Smart, they might become my #1 college hoops team. That makes me an awful traitorous person, but I'm pretty sure that would push my need well into burnt orange and away from OG&B.

I absolutely ADORE Shaka Smart.

If my 2nd college love (UT) gets my top coach (non-soccer) love, Shaka Smart, they might become my #1 college hoops team. That makes me an awful traitorous person, but I'm pretty sure that would push my need well into burnt orange and away from OG&B.

I absolutely ADORE Shaka Smart.

Traitor.

betterphan09, right on cue!

He's lost some of his attractiveness IMO. If their top 3 is Shaka, Marshall, Archie...then I think Shaka is a clear third.

I would put Marshall as the clear number one, but I would still put Smart over Archie.

Alabama has to be saying fuuuuuuccccckkkk right now....they were the hot job for about 15 mins and then Texas comes and starts talking to all the hot girls

You only pull for West Ham?

What? No. I can't pull for Texas. I even had season tickets for basketball in 2012-2013. Unfortunately, most of the games were at the same time as Wake games so I didn't go.

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 35m35 minutes ago
Texas top candidates are Gregg Marshall and Shaka Smart -- and both have heavy interest in the opening, sources told ESPN.

the vcu fat twitter donks have dealt with a lot but they haven't dealt with someone with a bottomless paycheck

Ugh, you can't make the Horns bball team your number 1 love. And this is coming from the guy with the UT avatar.

Back