• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 Oscars Thread

Meh on best actor

So predictable

Forrest Gump should have presented the award.

You don't pay attention too good

Really? Cause I'm pretty sure most folks said it was Michael Keaton's to lose, with Cumberbatch as the guy to possibly steal it

I am aware there is a history you are referring to about folks winning Oscars who play characters with deformities, disease or mental illness/retardation. But Redmayne seemed to have almost no momentum going into tonight

Last edited:
So the best actor/actress went to actors portraying real people overcoming some sort of debilitating disease and best picture went to a movie about acting.

Chalk.

That green card line was a bit dicey, Penn.

Birdman was just Academy bait - I doubt we look back it in 10 years with anything more than "meh". It's a movie about wanting to make "real" art and not super hero movies. So then give the damn award to a "real" movie, and not just something that is basically self masturbatory.

Pretty much.

So why is The Sound of Music getting honored? Just the 50th Anniversary? I don't mind at all, but it seems somewhat random in such a crowded show?

(I would have asked Idina to hang out a little longer and sing instead of Gaga though)

Gaga was great, though. I'm sure she lip synced or something, but that was the surprise of the evening, IMO.

Ricky Gervais was hilarious at this show. Sucks they won't invite him back.

To nit-pick, Gervais hosted the Golden Globes, not the Oscars. No NPH isn't a comedian, but sometimes they want a song and dance guy like Hugh Jackman. He's a safe choice, not going to rock the boat like Ricky at the GG. Given all the years Billy Crystal and Whoopi Goldberg hosted, the bar really is low for this gig.

Have any of the nominees or winners ever taken a dump in the bathroom at the Oscars? It is a night all about looking glamorous and showing out for Hollywood to the 9th degree, so if you're in the can does Brad Pitt or Gwyneth Paltrow ever burst out of a stall fanning the air and complaining about a lack of TP?

To nit-pick, Gervais hosted the Golden Globes, not the Oscars. No NPH isn't a comedian, but sometimes they want a song and dance guy like Hugh Jackman. He's a safe choice, not going to rock the boat like Ricky at the GG. Given all the years Billy Crystal and Whoopi Goldberg hosted, the bar really is low for this gig.

It's a tough job, but Fey and Poehler have proven that it's possible to do the gig and be funny. Last night's show was just so damn lame. They really need to get some new producers and not these guys who made Chicago and are obsessed with musicals.

Have any of the nominees or winners ever taken a dump in the bathroom at the Oscars? It is a night all about looking glamorous and showing out for Hollywood to the 9th degree, so if you're in the can does Brad Pitt or Gwyneth Paltrow ever burst out of a stall fanning the air and complaining about a lack of TP?

I am sure there are plenty of coke induced dumps going on

I'm guessing a lot of Immodium AD is consumed on the day of the Oscars.

American Sniper fans were not pleased at last night's result.

T28QT6K.png

Back