• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Football Recruiting Thread - Notes from NSD Press Conference and Reception

Bruh I made that joke like 10 pages ago.

They do, but the position coaches are also heavily involved. The specific regional assignments (as I understand them) are on the OP in this thread. I have heard Clawson say that every member of his staff is assigned a portion of North Carolina. That was last year but I assume is still the case. I think Coach Belin has a bigger share of N.C. than the others.

At the signing day event Clawson said that recruiting decisions require 4 layers of approval: first the recruiter for that region, then the position coach, then the coordinator, then the head coach.

Thanks.

I assume you meant Kwe. You are in the wrong thread as he is a sg prospect for our bball team.

Actually, it sounds like he really wants to go to ASU. I think it was good he didn't commit to us. He seems to just be taking the bird in hand, while waiting for a better offer. I will be surprised if he sticks with SMU if more offers come rolling in. Hopefully, we hold on to our QB.

Dom Maggio getting a 3star rating and good comments by ESPN as both a K and P.

ESPN ranks him as the number 1 kicker in the whole class.

Nice.
I fully believe Wake, even more than other programs, needs an above average to superior kicking game to compete for good bowls and championships.

Nice.
I fully believe Wake, even more than other programs, needs an above average to superior kicking game to compete for good bowls and championships.

(insert lobo's not here anymore joke)

Nice.

Going back to the days of Chuck Ramsey, Wake has had quite a few excellent punters.........who, unfortunately, have had many, many opportunities to demonstrate their skills.

With 6 commits, where do we go next? I think it will be 2 DBs, TE, DT, then what?

With 6 commits, where do we go next? I think it will be 2 DBs, TE, DT, then what?

If there are 14 scholarships: RB, WR, APB or slot receiver, TE, DL and 3 DBs.

If there are more scholarships: 2nd TE or 3rd OL would be my guess.

No position is receiving more attention right now than TE.

If there are 14 scholarships: RB, WR, APB or slot receiver, TE, DL and 3 DBs.

If there are more scholarships: 2nd TE or 3rd OL would be my guess.

No position is receiving more attention right now than TE.

The choices for any extra spots might be somewhat dependent on what positions lose someone to create an available scholarship.

Back