• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Workout/Weightloss Accountability Thread

Deff in on this. Living at the beach the past 2 years has really made me body conscious and I hate that I've gotten super "dad" body. My baby mama loved it but since we split I've been in an emotional roller coaster with a few things.

I'm planning to make 2017 a fresh year since I'm single for the first time in ~6 years and I have a new address and career it's time to work in mind, body and health.

I'm 5'8" 160 and I would like to get back down to 135/140 and then bulk up. Most of my issue is just poor habits and not exercising. I'm leaning toward joining the Y so I can workout and swim plus being able to hoop.

Just to follow up, with only 2 responses indicating interest, I'd say the answer to the first bolded text is no, there's not enough interest. Still, there are tons of support groups that one may find helpful on MFP, and certainly elsewhere, I'm just not as familiar with those. Again, I'll reiterate that if any of my Demon Deacon bros and sisses join MFP, hit me up at the username in the second bolded text, I log in every day (~1350 day streak).

I'm game with this. I joined MFP. It'd be nice to get some people to keep each other honest

If anyone wants to find me on MFP, my username is tsywake. For fitbit its travis(dot)s(dot)young(@)gmail.com

I've been going to see a trainer since the first of November, and while I've not lost any weight, my clothes fit differently and my endurance is much better.

I'm 5'8" 168. I would really like to get back down to about 150 and also get back to being able to run a 5K in less than 25 minutes (probably not an auspicious goal for many of you, but it is for me). Hitting the middle age slowdown in metabolism, along with having a sedentary job in which I am either sitting in front of a computer or driving in my car all day, doesn't help matters. I also don't watch what I eat as well as I should.

I participate in F3 here in Winston-Salem and really enjoy it when my work schedule allows me to attend (we meet during weekdays at 0530 for 45 minutes and Saturdays at 0700 for an hour). http://f3nation.com/schedules/winston-salem-nc/ Unfortunately, my work schedule has not been the least bit friendly the past 6 months.

I've got to make a concerted effort this coming year to go to F3 at least 3-4 times a week, run on days when I can't make it, and most of all, eat better.

Last edited:
If anyone wants to find me on MFP, my username is tsywake. For fitbit its travis(dot)s(dot)young(@)gmail.com

I've been going to see a trainer since the first of November, and while I've not lost any weight, my clothes fit differently and my endurance is much better.

I did some intense personal training for about 18 months when I lived in Gboro. Never really lost weight, but my composition was radically different. I was around 155 (5'5") and was benching 200+. I haven't tried to bench recently, as I don't want to know how much strength I've lost.

In on MFP - WestEndDeac. Thanks, all. Here's to a healthier 2017!

I'm 6'0 205 lbs and hope to get down to 185 lbs by the end of 2017. The only problem is I eat pizza/wings 3-5 times a week, drink just about every night and, even though I have a room in my home dedicated to working out, I haven't worked out in over a year.

Maybe this thread of random fatties like me will be what pushes me to that NEXT LEVEL though. Good luck to everyone

Good luck to you all. I don't have well defined fitness goals right now; just trying to make it to the gym 3 days per week. Going to give up all booze for the month of January as a sort of cleanse / step to focus starting the year by feeling well.

45 minutes of cardio today, I am beat - 1.5 miles on the climber for 15 minutes, 2 miles on the treadmill for 20 minutes, 3.5 miles on the bike for 15 minutes

338e537e269e5f4ce15d7bdc961947c8.jpg

Good luck to you all. I don't have well defined fitness goals right now; just trying to make it to the gym 3 days per week. Going to give up all booze for the month of January as a sort of cleanse / step to focus starting the year by feeling well.[/QUOTE

Yeah me and my wife are all over NO drink January.

Good work everyone. I'm almost a month in on no alcohol. It's amazing how well I sleep and generally feel better.

Also giving up booze in January. But going out with a bang today.

Have implemented intermittent fasting over the past month, and plan on ramping that up a little bit in the new year along with a low carb high fat diet.

I'm 5 8 135, aka total dwarf. My goal is to add 10 lb of muscle before Wakesurf/board season starts back up. Which is in March because Texas is amazing

Back