• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Workout/Weightloss Accountability Thread

Still dealing w/ patellar tendinosis... Did PT for a few weeks, but quickly realized it was all stuff I could be doing at home for free.

Rest helps, but the second I exert myself by doing something dumb like playing basketball, I go right back to square one. It is very frustrating. I hate to think that I am just going to have to shut everything down for a few months. More likely, I'll just suffer through it until after I get past rec basketball season and a couple of races I have planned. When the weather sucks in Nov/Dec/Jan, I'll just do nothing.

Still hovering in the low 190s... Lifting upper body more often, given I can't do much lower body stuff. I need to get stronger. And healthy.

Without going back through this thread, anyone have a solid treadmill they can recommend? Usage would be up to about 4 miles a day (running). Just need something solid and reliable. Can't run outside in 100+ heat anymore, too dangerous.

Get a rower man. Though you couldn't tell by looking at me, I enjoy mine. It's a nice workout for toning/muscle and also cardio.

92ca1d2cfaf9f6b7867448df453090d7.gif

Without going back through this thread, anyone have a solid treadmill they can recommend? Usage would be up to about 4 miles a day (running). Just need something solid and reliable. Can't run outside in 100+ heat anymore, too dangerous.

I like the ones at my Y. I'll check out the name the next time I'm there. Are you in Dallas? Just join the Park Cities YMCA. It's brand new and cheap.

I like the ones at my Y. I'll check out the name the next time I'm there. Are you in Dallas? Just join the Park Cities YMCA. It's brand new and cheap.
I'm north. Plenty of gyms around and I've been a member before, but prefer to exercise at home. I have a Bowflex Max Trainer that I really enjoy using but have discovered that my personal best results for burning fat and trimming down come from running. I'm too lazy to get up early, so the 5:30-6:00 PM timeframe is my best time of the day to exercise. In Texas, that is dangerous at best, life-threatening at worst in July and August.

I have a Sole F80 treadmill. Have had it for two years without any issue. I also have an Avari Fitness rower and use that more than the treadmill, but I like having both.

Has anyone had any experience with Candida (yeast) overgrowth and the accompanying diet and treatment? My doctor and I are both confident that's what's been plaguing my digestive system for quite a while now. I'm trying to cut out all sugars, simple carbs, caffeine, and alcohol. It really sucks.

Basically, dudes can apparently get yeast infections too.

Has anyone had any experience with Candida (yeast) overgrowth and the accompanying diet and treatment? My doctor and I are both confident that's what's been plaguing my digestive system for quite a while now. I'm trying to cut out all sugars, simple carbs, caffeine, and alcohol. It really sucks.

Basically, dudes can apparently get yeast infections too.

go vegan. It'll clear up any digestive issues coming from experience.

cheeseheads is a vegan?

This is not helping. If I'm already giving up sugar, bread, beer, and coffee, I'm certainly not giving up meat/fish/eggs.

This is not helping. If I'm already giving up sugar, bread, beer, and coffee, I'm certainly not giving up meat/fish/eggs.

Word.

I've stopped doing MFP and I've plateaued at 233. Still about 15 lbs down from the beginning of the year. It's just the same 15 from 2 months ago.

I have added muscle and my upper body is much more sculpted. I'm firmly down to a size 38 and size L shirts. I'm getting rid of much of my wardrobe as a result. I even have to get rid of my boxers. Just ordered some large this week.

2 months later, I'm sitting around 230. I was higher than usual early in the week after not getting a workout in and a few burgers over the weekend. I stopped eating like crap and got some good workouts in and I'm back down. It feels good to be in control of my weight even if I'm not as disciplined as I was at the start of the year.

Still building muscle and getting sculpted. Something must be going right. I think one of my trainers has a bit of a crush on me which is nice.

I finally made it back into the gym after a long lapse having moved into a new place.

It's nice because I can still shower at home before work which means there is a lot less effort in getting ready the night before or in the morning.

Word.

2 months later, I'm sitting around 230. I was higher than usual early in the week after not getting a workout in and a few burgers over the weekend. I stopped eating like crap and got some good workouts in and I'm back down. It feels good to be in control of my weight even if I'm not as disciplined as I was at the start of the year.

Still building muscle and getting sculpted. Something must be going right. I think one of my trainers has a bit of a crush on me which is nice.

Good for you, Ph. Keep going.

Back