• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Workout/Weightloss Accountability Thread

Monday: F3 Crucible
Tuesday: Bench & Spin Class
Wednesday: ZZZZZZZZ
Thursday: 2.5 mile run
Friday: F3 Flood Zone, including 15 minutes of EC. 1,031 calories burned in 60 minutes.

If you are Raleigh-area, F3 is having events on consecutive Mondays.

"Convergence" Labor Day at the Art Museum, 7:00. Hour-long workout. Should be 100 people, with both running and nonrunning workouts.

9/11 Stairclimb at Carter-Finley at 5:30 a.m. in remembrance. Gather at Gate Four for 110 flights of stairs. Lots of people will be wearing rucks. This is F3 Raleigh's signature event for the year and would be a great one for new people to see.

21 mile run today at 9:00 per mile pace. 151.7 pounds down from 183 in January. This accountability thing is pretty cool.

Week 35 Update:

Monday: 5 PM CrossFit
Tuesday: 5 PM CrossFit
Wednesday: 5 PM CrossFit
Friday: 5 PM CrossFit
Saturday: 10 AM CrossFit

Still dealing w/ patellar tendonosis. Has not improved at all over the last few months of rest/physical therapy. MRI last week confirmed it is likely too severe for rest/PT to heal it. Doctor is pushing PRP injections at this point, which are NOT cheap (or covered by insurance).

On top of that, I tore a ligament in my ring finger a few weeks ago. Thought I just jammed it, but it wasn't really getting better after two weeks. X-rays confirmed no broken bone. My finger now bends way more to the left at the first knuckle than it should... And I still can't make a fist (or comfortably grip a bar).

I'm falling apart.

Weight hovering between 193-195, but I'm feeling soft given I haven't been able to do much. It's depressing.

Reactions: DG3
My new plan for the next few months:

Monday: CrossFit
Tuesday: SEALFit
Wednesday: SEALFit
Thursday: CrossFit
Friday: CrossFit
Saturday: SEALFit Monster Mash
Sunday: RomWOD/Accessory lifts/Rest

Week 36 Update:

Monday: 5 PM CrossFit
Tuesday: 5 PM CrossFit
Wednesday: 5 PM CrossFit
Thursday: 5 PM CrossFit
Friday: 5 PM CrossFit
Saturday: 10 AM CrossFit

I've been eating like shit, but still hitting 4 to 5 F3 workouts a week. Getting the eating back on track today! Also, showed up at 5:00 AM to get in some Extra Credit before the 5:30 beat down this morning. This weeks goal:

Monday: F3 bootcamp - DONE
Tuesday: F3 strength & core
Wednesday: rest day
Thursday: F3 bootcamp
Friday: F3 5k training
Saturday: F3 bootcamp

If you live in the Winston area, feel free to DM me for F3 info! Would love to see you out there!

I've been eating like shit, but still hitting 4 to 5 F3 workouts a week. Getting the eating back on track today! Also, showed up at 5:00 AM to get in some Extra Credit before the 5:30 beat down this morning. This weeks goal:

If you live in the Winston area, feel free to DM me for F3 info! Would love to see you out there!

232 people participated in a stair climb today at the Carter. 110 flights of stairs on about 35 minutes.

I'm mildly curious.

Tuesday F3 done! We did tabata under the breezeway. 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off, 10 exercises, 6 rounds.

Went to a f3 workout, wasn't for me. Good on you guys who get down with that culture.

Fwiw, there is a lot of range within F3. Where are you and what are you looking for? I help lead one and we have a great culture of microolds. Other places are younger/more broish.

Tuesday F3 done! We did tabata under the breezeway. 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off, 10 exercises, 6 rounds.

Thanks for Q'ing and taking care of business this morning at Parliament, Sour Mash. I posted in Morehead City this morning. Good bunch of PAX there.

Thanks for Q'ing and taking care of business this morning at Parliament, Sour Mash. I posted in Morehead City this morning. Good bunch of PAX there.

Decided where you are posting Saturday? Trying to EH WakeBDer to join!

Out of curiosity, what is the culture at F3 with which you are unable to get down? I get a great workout with good friends and have fun doing it.

Oh it was a few things, probably in this order:

1- I am already working out 10+ hours per week (cycling-based workouts) and this isn't fun or productive enough to replace any of those hours. 10 ish is the max I can handle with a job and family, so no F3.
2- I am sure every town has its own culture, but frankly the one I went to was a bit... boot camp. Everyone counting off the reps out loud, going for runs in the woods with a backpack, etc. External motivation isn't my thing.
3- It seemed like a little cult. Everyone got a cute little nickname, etc. I have my own two exercise cults already (MTB and road cycling teams), no room for a third.
4- I am not looking for any additional Jesus in my workouts.
5- I enjoy working out with guys and girls who are fast.

All this said, I have lots of actual friends who enjoy F3. Good on you all. I think it's a great workout for folks who aren't dedicated to any specific activity and want to be able to do lots of reps of body weight exercises.

Oh it was a few things, probably in this order:

1- I am already working out 10+ hours per week (cycling-based workouts) and this isn't fun or productive enough to replace any of those hours. 10 ish is the max I can handle with a job and family, so no F3.
2- I am sure every town has its own culture, but frankly the one I went to was a bit... boot camp. Everyone counting off the reps out loud, going for runs in the woods with a backpack, etc. External motivation isn't my thing.
3- It seemed like a little cult. Everyone got a cute little nickname, etc. I have my own two exercise cults already (MTB and road cycling teams), no room for a third.
4- I am not looking for any additional Jesus in my workouts.
5- I enjoy working out with guys and girls who are fast.

All this said, I have lots of actual friends who enjoy F3. Good on you all. I think it's a great workout for folks who aren't dedicated to any specific activity and want to be able to do lots of reps of body weight exercises.

Do you mind me asking which workout you attended?

Back