• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Lol, I see RJ got obliterated in this thread this afternoon. Entertaining stuff.

Had no idea Jerry Stackhouse was in coaching. Will be interesting to see how he does if hired at Vanderbilt. Sum total of his coaching experience is basically 3 years as an NBA assistant. Would have to imagine that not many coaches have been hired as head coach at a program of that level with that little experience and zero in college.

Yeah, Patrick Ewing was an NBA assistant coach for 15 years before taking the Georgetown job. Mark Price had almost 20 years before going to UNC-C.

The Vandy AD is a 1993 UNC grad who was the President of the G-League. So Stackhouse is a very on brand hire.

By the way, Shareef Abdur-Rahim is the current G-League President.

Is it just my imagination, or is Vanderbilt being completely used to train Carolina's next head coach?

I wasn't talking about today. Over the past few weeks, he's been wrong many times. Hell, he even had a player's bpg at 3X what they were. When shown the actual numbers, he refused to admit his mistake.

That's his MO. Make a post, get shown a link that proves him wrong ignore it. At least I admit when I'm wrong.

I assumed that you were referring to the exchange that this post was part of:
Here's your first post:

"Got to recruit a top 25 players to get to a Final 4: top 25 recruits on all 4 Final 4 rosters - 2017 #19 Josh Langford (injured out for the season in December). That's it. The next highest rated recruit on any Final 4 roster is #31 Cassius Winston (2016)."

Where's 247 in it?

But thanks for playing...

Is this year the first year there hasn't been a Burger Boy in the past 20-30 years? Talk about making statements with a small sample size.

I don't know about the BPG incident. What I will say is that Pilchard's "to be accurate" nonsense means he doesn't really get the benefit of the doubt, but your posting style and attitude mean you get even less. I will say you do occasionally admit you are wrong (something Pilchard doesn't really do), but it never seems sincere. Including in this thread.

Calipari with a lifetime deal with UK. Paid $9M+.

I assumed that you were referring to the exchange that this post was part of:

I don't know about the BPG incident. What I will say is that Pilchard's "to be accurate" nonsense means he doesn't really get the benefit of the doubt, but your posting style and attitude mean you get even less. I will say you do occasionally admit you are wrong (something Pilchard doesn't really do), but it never seems sincere. Including in this thread.

Go fuck yourself!!!

I guess I have get down on my knees and beg your forgiveness and even then you'd act like this.

I said I was wrong multiple times on this thread.

This Virginia Tech coaching search should be interesting.

Historically bad program coming off probably its most successful stretch ever.

If they are able to land someone big that I'd love to have at Wake Forest (Shaka, Matta, etc), it'll be yet another kick in the parts.

Back