• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 Deacon Football Preview Thread

Of course Wellman shows up at practice. I fully expect he'll spend only a little less time on campus in retirement than he did before.

Connor, have we gone from a Rover position to a third LB? If not, who are our Rovers. Who is our back up C behind Tom?

Good to see Moonz is enjoying his new job as the WF Football Social Media coordinator

Connor, have we gone from a Rover position to a third LB? If not, who are our Rovers. Who is our back up C behind Tom?

Backup C is Michael Jurgens, who's developing pretty nicely.

Rover position is going the opposite direction, into being a third safety. Ja'Cquez Williams would've been the starting rover, but he's transitioned (well) to LB, behind Strnad and Smenda. Based on everything I've seen, the starting safeties will be Coby Davis and Nasir Greer and the "rover" will be Luke Masterson. But they'll need Traveon Redd to spell Masterson, they need Zion Keith and one or two of Trey Rucker/A.J. Williams/Keegan Good to become playable on back end, to feel good about safeties.

Conor, does Fr Justin Williams have a chance to contribute at DT since we are so thin there?

CONeill, your participation on this board is appreciated. It's not often the local beat reporter personally answers questions from his readers. The contributions you and Les have made are invaluable. Thank you.

CONeill, your participation on this board is appreciated. It's not often the local beat reporter personally answers questions from his readers. The contributions you and Les have made are invaluable. Thank you.

+1

My pleasure! As I think I've said before, I mostly enjoy the banter here and think it helps yall as much as me to talk about the team. Some of the points made here have led me to write stories and think about things in different perspectives.

As I put on Twitter today with a semi-sarcastic Clawson quote, Wake doesn't have to give us the access it does. But they do, and I want to take full advantage of it by answering as many questions as possible/shedding as much light as I can.

Agreed as well! Thank you!!

Disappointed somewhat with the execution of I’m a Fan marketing. Great idea but not a lot of sign of it literally. Some signs but not as much as expected from the sound of the roll out by the AD and staff. And I’m sure it is not easy to change things quickly.

The Bullfrog made a big pick.

Jeremiah was a bullfrog.

Great quotes today from the Claw.

Nice.
We’re all ready to boogie!

We should come up with special song or cheer whenever Boogie gets a sack this season.
Sports Marketing Dept - get on this now.

Absolutely! I nominate KC & the Sunshine's Get down to night to start things off. Of course the "make a little love" part may not be considered family friendly???

I like the idea of a voice over of Boooooooogieeeeeeeee on the jumbotron every single time that Boogie makes a big play. Kind of like how on 3rd down they have a group of our guys on the jumbotron hyping up the fans.

This would stick and eventually every fan would be saying Boooooggggiiieeeeee, regardless of if it was up on the jumbotron.

Back