• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NFL Season Thread Year 100. Superbowl LIV Winner: Kansas City Chiefs

Where does Trubisky rank among worst QBs ever taken in the top 5?

Don’t feel like going back and looking but weren’t Ryan leaf and Chris weinke picked top 5? I’d take Trubisky over both those guys

2019 NFL Season Thread. Year 100 for the NFL.Trade Deadline passed. Big Yawn.

Don’t feel like going back and looking but weren’t Ryan leaf and Chris weinke picked top 5? I’d take Trubisky over both those guys

Leaf was #2 behind Manning. Weinke was taken midrounds of the draft. He was 27 or 28 or so when he entered the NFL.

What makes Trubinsky so bad is they traded up for him and could have had Watson or Mahomes.

I wasn’t familiar with Mahomes in college but there’s nobody outside of Chapel Hill who could have thought Trubinsky was better than Watson except in Chicago.

Leaf was #2 behind Manning. Weinke was taken midrounds of the draft. He was 27 or 28 or so when he entered the NFL.

What makes Trubinsky so bad is they traded up for him and could have had Watson or Mahomes.

I wasn’t familiar with Mahomes in college but there’s nobody outside of Chapel Hill who could have thought Trubinsky was better than Watson except in Chicago.

I know. As ACC fans, we had just watched Watson take apart Bama's D 2 years in a row and Trubisky look decent in his 1 year at UNC. I think our collective take here at the time was WTF. But my recollection is that NFL scouts had the 2 rated very closely together and both ahead of Mahomes. I think Mahomes problem was the rep of B-12 QBs prior to this recent group, and that affected everyone's view of him. Now that's obviously no longer an issue. And some NFL team is about to pay Lincoln Riley ton of $$. If he can make Jalen Hurts into a decent passer, just think what he can do with more talented QBs. BTW, I watched Kyler Murray @Bal and last Thu night against SF, and he's the deal if they can get him a better line and some more weapons. Also smart and doesn't take many hits, much like Wilson.

Yeah. They were rated close to each other but Trubinsky was a late riser. There wasn’t enough distance to justify trading up for him. Not only did Watson play well in big games, he was essentially the face of the franchise and all around good dude. He handled the spotlight.

the trade up to draft Trubisky is criminal

I totally misremembered the QB draft order -- Mahommes drafted ahead of Watson -- until I looked it up a few weeks ago

So the Chargers just moved to LA and now they're considering moving to London? What a clusterfuck.

Speaking of London, the Gardner Minshew era is over. Fooooooooles! Fooooooles! Fooooooooles!

And the Cam Newton era might before over. Cam to IR. Out for the season.

Last edited:
So the Chargers just moved to LA and now they're considering moving to London? What a clusterfuck.

Speaking of London, the Gardner Minshew era is over. Fooooooooles! Fooooooles! Fooooooooles!

And the Cam Newton era might before over. Cam to IR. Out for the season.

I'm not as worried about Cam and his foot. That will eventually heal. If I'm a Panther fan, I'd be much more worried about his shoulder. The 2nd half of last year after he got that banged up shoulder, he couldn't throw it more than 20 yards downfield, and defenses were playing 8 in the box. Hence not another W after starting 5-2 with an injured Cam starting. When I watched that Thu nite game week 2, he was more inaccurate than usual, and he wasn't throwing it downfield with velocity. It took Luck's shoulder forever to heal, and this could be a similar situation. Roethlisberger has a similar situation with his bum elbow and might not be back next August. And they spent next year's 1st rounder on Firzpatrick. With Tampa and Tennessee moving on from Winston and Mariotta and maybe a retirement or 2, there will be a lot of QB movement this offseason.

I'm more concerned about his head. I don't think any of this is physical. Shoulder and foot are both smokescreens.

Rivers looks like shit. Game on the line and he goes gets to 4th & 10 from the 25, Raiders holding penalty, another 4th & 10, pick. 0-8, INT down 2 starting with 62 seconds left.

Plus the Chargers had three time outs left in that drive so there was plenty of time to get to field goal range and win the game.

Plus the Chargers had three time outs left in that drive so there was plenty of time to get to field goal range and win the game.

Yeah. After the missed XP, it seemed like the Chargers has at least a 50/50 chance to win and they blew it. 62 sec left, 3 timeouts, need a FG to win. Seems like mediocre to good NFL QBs usually come through there.

2019 NFL Season Thread. Year 100. Halfway done. Separating Contenders and Pretenders.

I saw a list of best QBs never to make the Super Bowl and he was #1. You realize how “easy” it is to make a Super Bowl when looking at that list. Maybe the 4 or 5 would be considered good QBs with long good careers and it gets dicey starting at Romo.

https://abc30.com/sports/barnwell-r...per-bowl-could-philip-rivers-be-no-1/5678494/

Feels like a better list would be the worst QBs that made/won a SB. Rex Grossman? Trent Dilfer? Hoo boy.

Back